L’Oréal help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kikibee

Reaction score
Hi looking for some advice I had a client Yesterday that got her roots filled in with L’Oréal highlift ash and 30vol!! Been totally fine before but it has went a lot warmer and you can see difference! I’m not happy with it so will have to redo it!! Any advice do I go back in with same with stronger devolper? Or any ideas ( sorry have no pictures) Trying to keep away from bleach as her hair is very fragile! Thanks again

I haven't used loreal highlifts but our old Wella tech told us that sometimes it depends on what you are lifting out of the hair. We used to tone our highlifts to prevent damage when this would occur. It's safer then double highlifting. It just may not have lifted to the ammount it fully needed to.

Apparently when people are sick, not eating well, stressed, low in vitamins etc this kind of thing can happen. Room temperature can cause changes too. Sometimes it just happens. It's been a stressful time for everyone so it's not surprising. Don't stress about it. Just look at the tone, counter it and all will be well.

Was her regrowth more than 2cm?

Could it be that the cap had been left off the developer, or some other issue with the developer. Not ideal, but I would create a shadow root using a demi.

I haven't used loreal highlifts but our old Wella tech told us that sometimes it depends on what you are lifting out of the hair. We used to tone our highlifts to prevent damage when this would occur. It's safer then double highlifting. It just may not have lifted to the ammount it fully needed to.

Apparently when people are sick, not eating well, stressed, low in vitamins etc this kind of thing can happen. Room temperature can cause changes too. Sometimes it just happens. It's been a stressful time for everyone so it's not surprising. Don't stress about it. Just look at the tone, counter it and all will be well.
Thank you for your reply hopefully round two can fix it

Could it be that the cap had been left off the developer, or some other issue with the developer. Not ideal, but I would create a shadow root using a demi.
Thanks for your reply

Yes it was more than 2cm, I done a long regrowth application

That’s crazy, I hate doing long regrowth with majiblonde the 15 mins is a killer like what the heck can ya do in 15 mins, a fringe?
Hopefully a scatter of hilites it’ll sort it then back to normal next time

That’s crazy, I hate doing long regrowth with majiblonde the 15 mins is a killer like what the heck can ya do in 15 mins, a fringe?
Hopefully a scatter of hilites it’ll sort it then back to normal next time
Oh I didn’t know about this 15mins timing? Would you be able to tell me about this please? I just done done a long regrowth but then straight into the roots! That could be how it went wrong! Thank you so much for your reply

Of course, so for typical long regrowth we do the long regrowth first then mix fresh and apply straight onto root area. For majiblonde we do long regrowth let it develop for 15 mins then mix fresh and apply to root area and then start the 50 mins development time.
So a long regrowth for majiblonde development time becomes 65 mins in total.
I’ve Loreal technical sheets here if you want me to send to you just pm me your email I think it’s too large for here

Of course, so for typical long regrowth we do the long regrowth first then mix fresh and apply straight onto root area. For majiblonde we do long regrowth let it develop for 15 mins then mix fresh and apply to root area and then start the 50 mins development time.
I’ve Loreal technical sheets here if you want me to send to you just pm me your email I think it’s too large for here
Thank you honestly so so much!! That has been so helpful!! I will pm you my email would love to look at them just to refresh myself! So kind thanks again!

Hi
I’m just reading this post... would you be happy to send me them too if I send you my email?😬
X

Latest posts

Back