L&P Class on monday!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancynails

Reaction score
I´m going on my L&P training on monday whit Creative :eek: And I´ve got this feeling that is not for me because gel seems so much easier:rolleyes:

Anybody ho have done gel first and then L&P?
Is it harder to master than gel?

Thanks.:hug:

I´m going on my L&P training on monday whit Creative :eek: And I´ve got this feeling that is not for me because gel seems so much easier:rolleyes:

Anybody ho have done gel first and then L&P?
Is it harder to master than gel?

Thanks.:hug:

Maybe not harder, just different.
Good luck for Monday, go with a positive mental attitude and be prepared to try something different x

You will never know unless you try it!!!

I did L&P first for years, but now im a gel geek, took a little while to get the hang of it as it is different to L&P.

I dont mind doing L&P but prefer gel as I don't need to buff to shine! Just quicker for me!

best of luck !

i started out with l+p then found gel and fell in LOVE:green:

Keep trying to go back to l+p but keep giving up!

I cant help thinking im missing out on all this lovely custom blending though!

I dont know if its HARdER its just 'different'.....esp the whites with me i can play and play till its perfect with gel:green:

Thanks!
I know I´m going to like the training (one to one) And I have clients that like L&P and I would like to offer that to (don´t like to lose clients becuse I can´t do it... So I have too learn)

But I relly like brisa and it´s so easy to work whit and it´s really "long lasting"!!
And I have heard that I can use finish gloss over L&P (Correct me if I´m wrong:Grope: )

No you're not wrong:) you prep, apply product and then shape with your file, then you apply your glaze and pop into your lamp, best of both worlds, I'm sure you'll have a bril day 121 training is so much fun:hug:

Enjoy yourself carina.

The brush technique is different ... 'nailclass' can help you with that one ... but I have always found I love learning all the different techniques with every system. I love them all. I love learning anything new and I love being stretched.

I think the thing you'll like the most is how instant it all is with L&P ... no waiting for the lamp to cure. I love gel, but still find the stopping and starting thing irritating to me.

I also love the control of working with L&P. I make it just how I want it and it stays there ... no chance of the client messing it up whilst putting it under the lamp or the product changing shape during curing (although this is not a problem with Brisa gels).

So enjoy your day and give it the same dedication you have given to learning your gel techniques and I'm sure you will love adding another system to your service menu.

it will feel different and it can be hard to adjust to a completely new method of application.

but you'll know so much of it already, you know how to prep, you know about tipping, apex placement, shaping the nail etc. etc.
so it wont be as hard as learning from scratch because youve already perfected many techniques with gel.

you'll love it, so dont worry and just enjoy your class.

I hope you enjoy your class and approach it with an open mind and i`m sure you will take it all in.............looking forward to seeing some pics when you are ready!!!! xx

Update!
OOOhhh I really like this! The shine is like a mirrow! Done 3 clients today and I was quite happy white them (the clients to....exept from a thumbnail)

Now I´m done whit the class and have my exam 4 june.
We also covered custom blend, skulpting, tips the most I think. I tryed a lots of brushes and "clogged" them to :eek: but I prefferd a prostyler size 8.

The biggest problem is whit the smileline I`m not fast enought and some bubbels on the first client.
But I really like L&P!

And I will NEVER use gloss on this! Used a new shiner (a blue one) and it was like glass I could almost se my face in it.
Thankx!! (And I read nailclass everyevening....:Grope:

see, you need not have worried:)
glad you are enjoying it, its great to learn something new.

Latest posts

Back