L&P on clear tips versus white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjk100

Reaction score
can you give me your views on the pro's and cons of the above??

I never use white tips ever. I'm not sure what you are looking for in pros and cons. For me it would be the same no matter what tip I chose. Clear, natural, or white, I would still use white powder on the free edge.

The biggest 'con' to me is that most white tips that I see look ugly and are not placed in the right place to make them look pretty by the technicians who use them. I would rather have the complete freedom that using white powder gives me to create beautiful nails for my clients.

White tips are obviously going to be quicker for the original application, but as Geeg says they do look ugly if not placed correctly, and very few clients have lovely long nails beds to enable you to place the white tip where it will look the best.

On rebalance you are either going to have to remove the whole enhancement and start again with a white tip, or you will then have to use your white powder or gel anyway.

As geeg said I'd never use White tips or the same reasons! I always use natural and White l & p for the French x

Thank you I'm being trained to use powder to create smile line also but have had a few people asking why rather than white tips.

Thanks again
Stacey

Thank you I'm being trained to use powder to create smile line also but have had a few people asking why rather than white tips.

Thanks again
Stacey

Your answer should be ...

Because white tips suck, look fake, and are used by those who have not got the skill to make smile lines with white powder!! :biggrin:

I'll tell you something else as well; When you can make smile lines easily, it is much faster to use white powder than to use white tips, no matter what anyone tries to tell you, and much easier to rebalance.

To be sure there are some people who have only ever known white tips being used on them so they may question, but I'm sure you can explain that they will be just as happy if not more happy when they see your beautiful French tips created with white powder.

I'm glad I saw this post!
I just thought it was me being fussy but I've always thought white tips looked odd....they look as if the white part starts too high up the nail plate (which it does really!)

Last edited:
I'm glad I saw this post!
I just thought it was me being fussy but I've always thought white tips looked odd....they look as if the white part starts too high up the nail plate (white it does really!)

Well that is the fault of the silly technicians (and I use the word loosely :biggrin:) who do not use them correctly or place them where they should be.

French tips can be used beautifully if used correctly and on the right nail type. Many of the French tips though are a disgusting colour of white .. almost neon .. and look revolting. But a French tip that is a lovely white and not so in your face chavvy white, can look beautiful (for a short period of time.

"quote by geeg- Because white tips suck, look fake, and are used by those who have not got the skill to make smile lines with white powder!!

I wish salon geek had a like button!! Love it!

"quote by geeg- Because white tips suck, look fake, and are used by those who have not got the skill to make smile lines with white powder!!

I wish salon geek had a like button!! Love it!

:biggrin:​

lol I have my speech ready for how to reply to people who ask! hee hee

i have been getting my nails done for2 years with this method and I much prefer the look, than white tips.

Thanks againx

Latest posts

Back