L+P or Fibreglass... ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKRed

Reaction score
Well I booked my course with NSI, I paid over the phone and the money has finally gone so I am OFFICIALLY an NSI trainee now.

Well anyway, I got told I need to cut my nails so I can ‘practice’ with a partner in the classes. Right I nearly cried at that because I have beautiful natural nails and I have never ever had acrylic nails on.

My question is;
How far down do they have to be cut? Down to the skin or can I keep a small bit of free edge?

Also…
My course starts 4th August… I go away on 25th July and I was wondering, should I cut my nails now and treat myself to a lovely set of acrylic nails on for my holiday (to get used to the feel and what ill be getting myself into! Then take them off before the course) or should I put 3 fibreglass on the 3 broken ones and try make them look nice myself? (I don’t want to take any nail stuff with me really, except my trusty cuticle oil and a file!)

Any advice? xx

HI ukred, I empathise with you about your nails, I had to cut mine when I did my beauty course, but I found that they grew back in no time. Now I have my nails short and have grown use to it. I think you will have to cut them short but not too short for the course because if you think about it, when the nail extensions have been applied and you look underneath, you will see your natural nail extension and that may seem tacky. Perhaps you could think about leaving your nails natural and when you do your course you will have the opportunity of having acrylic nails. Hope this is helpful :)

i dont know whether or not to just get some acrylics now though so they look nice for my holiday as I have 3 broken nails

leave your own if you can and cut them down before you start the course, my own opinion of course, just tip the 3 short ones and worry about the course after your hols:)

Latest posts

Back