L&P questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using gel for the last 5 years and feel ready to have a go at something new......so I have been having a play around with liquid & powder and find that I quite like it and the new challange that it brings.

I have started off with just a few CND powders before I really invest and also the ultra sculptor which is great. I am scared of ruining it because it's so different from my gel brushes if I am honest!

When mixing glitters and/or strong colours do you guys use a second brush soley for this?
I have put the 1st set that I have done on myself in my gallery, they are black so probably not the easiest colour to use but I like challange !!! lol

I was hoping to have some fine tuning time with Gigi very soon but now I am wondering weather the money would be better spent on a conversion to L&P so I can offer both services. I don't normally ask these sort of questions but I would value your opinons. I have only turned 1 customer away from not doing l&p in the time iv'e been doing nails but thats not to say I haven't been asked for it. Once they are in the chair and have seen and worn Brisa they are more than happy but I feel a bit left out :D

Thankyou ladies! x

I did the conversion you get loads of free product so that more than covers the cost of the training, and its a great day where you can ask all the questions you want.

Hi, I have been using gel for the last 5 years and feel ready to have a go at something new......so I have been having a play around with liquid & powder and find that I quite like it and the new challange that it brings.

I have started off with just a few CND powders before I really invest and also the ultra sculptor which is great. I am scared of ruining it because it's so different from my gel brushes if I am honest!

When mixing glitters and/or strong colours do you guys use a second brush soley for this?
I have put the 1st set that I have done on myself in my gallery, they are black so probably not the easiest colour to use but I like challange !!! lol

I was hoping to have some fine tuning time with Gigi very soon but now I am wondering weather the money would be better spent on a conversion to L&P so I can offer both services. I don't normally ask these sort of questions but I would value your opinons. I have only turned 1 customer away from not doing l&p in the time iv'e been doing nails but thats not to say I haven't been asked for it. Once they are in the chair and have seen and worn Brisa they are more than happy but I feel a bit left out :D

Thankyou ladies! x

I do use a 2nd brush for glitters and a third for coloured powders.

I'm here to do whatever you like whether it be fine tuning or L&P conversion ... just let me know. I think you have to offer both services and more ... if you wish to be a complete technician. Why limit your choices to your clients?

I did the conversion you get loads of free product so that more than covers the cost of the training, and its a great day where you can ask all the questions you want.

I'm afraid the offer of free products does not apply in Spain, nor does it apply in the UK. It is the training that is free and youpay for your kit. I do private teaching by the hour and products are on top.

Ok so maybe it would be possible to fit in a conversion and a little tweaking in one day.....??
I am very much looking forward to meeting you Gigi and moving up the ladder a bit more. I have always shyed away from a second system as I so wanted to perfect Gel before I moved on but i'm getting the itch now and feel very comfortable with Brisa so maybe it's time.
I have read that you keep your brushes in an artists brush roll. Do you cover each brush with lint free paper inside the roll or are they ok on their own......I know it sounds a silly question but Iv'e read so much about contamination and damage!

Ok so maybe it would be possible to fit in a conversion and a little tweaking in one day.....??
I am very much looking forward to meeting you Gigi and moving up the ladder a bit more. I have always shyed away from a second system as I so wanted to perfect Gel before I moved on but i'm getting the itch now and feel very comfortable with Brisa so maybe it's time.
I have read that you keep your brushes in an artists brush roll. Do you cover each brush with lint free paper inside the roll or are they ok on their own......I know it sounds a silly question but Iv'e read so much about contamination and damage!

I keep art brushes in a brush roll but I keep my L&P brushes in a metal CND case.

I looked at the black set. They are fab! I find black so hard to work with. U did an amazing job.

Good luck with your traning and all:p

Latest posts

Back