LA Tan - Fast Tan now available

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a bottle of the fast tan too, haven't tried it yet though. I don't see however the issue with 'purchasing it' as technically your not, It comes free with your usual order of buy 1 get 1 free. If you found you didn't like it much I am sure you would find someone willing to purchase whats left at a resonable price on here. Just a thought.
Geekbay has been disabled due to troublesome transactions so there is no longer anyway of selling to people on here :sad:

My issue with purchasing it (even if it's free) is still that it is an unknown solution and I have been using a fast tan that my clients are used to and like.
Questions that I need answering:

Will this solution live up to what I already use or not?
Are the development times light/medium/dark tan shorter/same/longer than my fast tan?
Which results will my clients prefer?
How much is the new solution going to be?
Will there be good offers on this solution like on their other solutions?
How much of this solution will I use per tan (more or less than my current fast tan)?

I will not be taking up the fabulous offer or putting any more of my time into LA Tan's fast tan until I can try a small sample and have the questions about price & offers answered. Costs need to be considered and although giving me something for nothing may sound fab, I often refuse things that are free with a purchase if I know I don't like them - I don't have the room to store endless freebies that I have no interest in - IF I think a mate/family member would like it I'll take it and pass it on but when it comes to professional products I would rather not take it and waste it just becasue it's free. After all once opened the shelf life halves and therfore if anyone else did want to buy it from me they would need to put it to use straight away (depending on how long after I try it they buy it).

I don't think I'm the only one dissapointed in not being able to sample the solution before getting a litre of it. I have even emailed them back to say that I'm dissapointed, especially after being told I should request a sample when I get the text alert and then being told I can't get one until it's available to the public and the account holder offer has expired. In my oppinion their customer service is not great on this and they have not thought things through very well at all.

I won't stop buying from them or let it affect my business greatly (as I've not told my clients about their new fast tan) so I'll wait until samples are available then I will try it and I'll have the answers about price & offers before I decide if I will change from my fast tan to theirs. I may have missed out on a free litre BUT that's a decission I have made and am happy with.

ok my results are as follows

model one, normally likes a 10. she has fair skin, doesnt tan in the sun and has red hair.

she left it one exactly 2 hours. washed it off and I would say the colour was just shy of how she normally goes with a 10, however, the next day she was slightly darker than a 10.

day 3 and she reports colour is fine, no fade, no patching (she never patches anyway).

model 2
spanish lady, black hair brown eyes and dark olive skin. she has a 14 normally and I asked her to leave it on 5 hours.

result, not quite a 14 again but by the next day she is darker than a 14 i think but not an 18. i would guess at a 16? tan is even and not patching.

model three

likes a 12 or a 14 normally. she kept it on 3.5 hours and reported very little colour change, though she had a definate line. I didnt get to see her at this point, but the next day her tan was a shade darker than 12 (13).

model 4 (me)

I left it 4 hours, i tan very very well normally and am happy to wear a 14 .
My knees have patched a bit. other than that my tan is ok, rather dark though a 16 i think.

ill let you know about fade off in a few days.

tigi

How much are they letting you have the fast tan for when purchasing a order?

I to was wondering what it was like?

At the moment they have an account holder offer of buy1 get 1 free (a normal offer) plus a free litre of fast tan.

If you pop onto their site to check their buy 1 get 1 free price for 10% you will know the price as we are not to post prices on the site.

Sorry baggybear I didn't mean to hit a nerve Hun, it wasn't a flippant comment about ordering because it's free. Technically it makes it a litre free sample if you were running low on your usual solution as I were. As for geekbay being disabled I'm sure some are adult enough to arrange alternatives.

I am yet to try the fast tan as I am currently sampling another solution x

BabyGirl - you didn't hit a nerve hun, I'm just disapointed in them for the way they have handled things. I contacted them a few weeks ago, as soon as I heard they were bringing out a fast tan, and I asked when it was due for release and got told not long. I asked for a sample to be sent out as soon as they could. I was told no samples yet but request one when I get the text alert for the buy 1 get 1 free offer with free fast tan. I requested the sample after getting the text to be told no samples until public release and the offer is over.

Not good customer service is it. I understand your thinking of it being a litre sample but what a lot of waste if you don't like it - not something I like the idea of at all.

No hard feelings and thank you for the Pm too. :wink2:

Back again! HaPpy to report, fade off is nice and even on everyone .

Can I just ask you girls did you buy ur fast tan from the website or did you ring them up?site doesn't seem to be working?x

Sorry forgot to say I know it's not on the site yet!but can I order it along side my normal solution coz I tried that and it didn't work.X

Oo excited!! I've done it just ordered my fast tan yay..wasn't gonna but couldnt resist it such a brilliant deal! And I needed solution anyway.so bring it on clients really interested already whoop.Xx

I have also purchased the Fast Tan and to be honest........my clients dont mind tan developing over 8hrs. I do think its aimed at last minute appointments and not sure i will use it as much as the normal tans. I was thinking if it did prove popular to charge slightly more.

It's here! Just been sprayed so gonna leave it for 2hrs do you think it's long enough?x

Thanks to BabyGirl (for sending me a sample) I got to spray someone with the fast tan who usually has a 12% LA Tan and she was planning on washing off at 3 hours but had visitors and ended up washing off at 4 hours and she said it is darker than she has ever been but is a georgeous deep tan that she loves.

From reading the reviews on here I've gathered that 2 hours is approx a 10%, 3 hours approx a 12%, 4 hours approx a 14% (therefore would be - 5 hours approx a 16% & 6 hours approx an 18%).

When my delivery arrives, on Monday :)biggrin: Yippeee I did get to order the fab deal after trying the tan out :biggrin:) I'm gonna get my other half to spray me and wash it off after just an hour as I usually have just an 8% but I'm unsure if that will work as they advise the tan is from 2 hours.

Yay!I'm glad you got the deal bagybear it is a brilliant offer.I'm gonna leave it for 3 hours then I'll post how it goes.I normally tan really well but never have more than a 10% so we'll see. ;-) I've got about another 45 mins.wish me luck lol.Xx

Reporting back! I've just washed off my fast tan after 3hrs exactly and I would say it's about an 8-10% maybe slightly less than 10% and my tan line is very light.looks nice tho! A natural looking golden colour.next time I'll leave mine on for at least 4hrs.Xx

It still will develop though? You ll be darker tmz I imagine? X

Reporting back! I've just washed off my fast tan after 3hrs exactly and I would say it's about an 8-10% maybe slightly less than 10% and my tan line is very light.looks nice tho! A natural looking golden colour.next time I'll leave mine on for at least 4hrs.Xx

This colour your seeing now is not your full tan.

It still will develop though? You ll be darker tmz I imagine? X

As cmorcom says above it will continue to develop, over the next 21 hours or so (fast tans take about 24 hours from spraying on to fully develop).

This time tomorrow you will have a lovely colour, probably equivalant to a 12% / 14% tan as you kept the solution on for 3 hours.

Woke up this morning a stunning golden brown colour looking lovely prob between a 10/12% so very happy now.didn't look very brown at all last night.Xx please post once uve tried some next week baggybear.Xx

Woke up this morning a stunning golden brown colour looking lovely prob between a 10/12% so very happy now.didn't look very brown at all last night.Xx please post once uve tried some next week baggybear.Xx
I will post how it turns out on me as soon as I try it (hopefully Mon evening) as I only ever have a very light tan and I plan to try leaving it on for just 1 hour and see how I go. This may not be long enough as I know DHA need to be on the skin for a set amount of time before it starts to do it's magic.

Just out of interest, what is the guild colour like for the rapid tan? Sorry if this has been answered before!!!! Xx

Latest posts

Back