LA weave help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm qualified In hair extensions and one method being the la weave, which I do love but I've been looking on YouTube videos (as I love doing this) and I've see there are 2 ways people are doing the LA weave!

I do the one I am trained it which is applying the micro beads on natural hair and seeing the weft onto them!

But I've been seeing people are applying and fixing the weft of with the beads alone? By just getting a section of natural hair and a section of the weft and just securing it that way!

It looks amazing and quicker and definitely more flat to the head...

But can anyone tell me if this is okay or it shouldn't be done? Or any feedback as looks too good to be true with no seeing etc!

Thank you xxx

Hi, I'm qualified In hair extensions and one method being the la weave, which I do love but I've been looking on YouTube videos (as I love doing this) and I've see there are 2 ways people are doing the LA weave!

I do the one I am trained it which is applying the micro beads on natural hair and seeing the weft onto them!

But I've been seeing people are applying and fixing the weft of with the beads alone? By just getting a section of natural hair and a section of the weft and just securing it that way!

It looks amazing and quicker and definitely more flat to the head...

But can anyone tell me if this is okay or it shouldn't be done? Or any feedback as looks too good to be true with no seeing etc!

Thank you xxx

This is called Micro Weft. In my opinion it isn't as secure as an LA weave and I do believe you need a separate certificate for it. I've got a certificate for micro weft and la weave x

My friend had a Micro weft and I took it out for her the micro rings just slipped straight out she said they didn't feel secure from when she had them fitted

Ah thanks girls! I just feel like there's less pressure on the bead that way? Or am I being silly.. because with la weave obviously you have all the thread hanging putting pressure on the bead as well as the hair where as this way seems less around the bead? Haha I'm probably not making sense but to me it seems more pressure on the bead sliding if not then the same with micro weft? Thanks xx

The LA WEAVE aka Micro Sew in and NEW YORK WEAVE aka Micro Wefting are both popular methods. If installed correctly both methods are very secure and both methods have good feedback from customers who have these methods. Sometimes if you use silicone lined micro rings and the client has very shiny hair or puts conditioner on the bonds this can make them slip.

I've done a few micro wefts but the hair matted quickly at the roots and there was breakage! Now I stick to la weave

Oh...I thought if anything the silicone lined ones where better for holding ..not sure why I thought this haha but is that not true? I don't want to use use the ones without x

Latest posts

Back