Lack of confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayleighJT

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve been reading SalonGeek for a while now but this is my first post.
I have always wanted to become a nail tech and focus on acrylic nails. I have been looking at training for a while and saving for a course.
I don’t know what’s happened all of a sudden but now I feel like I shouldn’t do it as I won’t be any good at it anyway so should just give up!
I hate myself for feeling like this and giving up before I’ve even started!
I think I’ve just gotten scared by reading all the threads about troublesome clients, gaining clients, when nails break and things go wrong etc... I’ve let it scare me away.

I don’t know why I’m writing this, maybe just for some advice on how to get more confidence when doing nails? I’m a people person but a definite people pleaser so if I let a client down with a lifting nail or something it might effect my confidence for ages!

First of all don't ever give up. For some people designing nails comes naturally for others it takes a lot of practice. Even the best of us have problems arise. I've been a nail tech for 10 years and I still have things go wrong from time to time. There are a lot of people on here for support. I've gotten a ton of feed back and support here. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions. Believe in yourself. Don't let any negativity hold you back go in with a positive attitude.

Do you have a driving licence? If so, the time and effort to develop the knowledge and skills to become a proficient Nail Tech is similar. However, it's also a business, so you need to be able to market your services and have the pragmatism to succeed when at times it is difficult. The key to your journey is taking the best education possible - this is the foundation on which you will build your career. We've trained thousands of NT across different European countries - some took longer and a few learned incredibly fast, but all succeeded because they were motivated. Why not you?

Thank you for your kind replies, I’ve woke up in a much more positive mood today, don’t know what was wrong with me last night!
I do have a driving license, I’ve got a good uni degree, I’ve always worked hard so I know I can do this I think my confidence has just gotten lower since having my Son and being out of work for a while! I can’t wait to start learning and working again and getting some of myself back

Hey Kayleigh, I know exactly how you feel believe it or not. I’m coming to the end of my L3 and whilst I’ve passed my acrylic assessments, it’s the one thing I struggle most with and there are days when it goes wrong and I wonder why I’m wasting my time doing this. I’m also out of work which doesn’t do anyone any good for confidence but if it makes you feel better I live near Wolverhampton and would be happy to chat if you need an ear or even meet up and practice on each other and share tips :) hope things get better for you x

Hey Kayleigh, I know exactly how you feel believe it or not. I’m coming to the end of my L3 and whilst I’ve passed my acrylic assessments, it’s the one thing I struggle most with and there are days when it goes wrong and I wonder why I’m wasting my time doing this. I’m also out of work which doesn’t do anyone any good for confidence but if it makes you feel better I live near Wolverhampton and would be happy to chat if you need an ear or even meet up and practice on each other and share tips :) hope things get better for you x

Thank you so much Hun, feel a bit better knowing other people feel the same as me sometimes! I live in Telford so not far from Wolverhampton, and will deffo take you up on that when I start my course, practice makes perfect xx

Latest posts

Back