ladies night help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alli

Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help or give me ideas, I've been asked to do a ladies night and I was going to offer things like mini manicure, facials, aroma, etc, but now they've asked to do nail art, with things like glitter, stones, etc, I'm in a panic as I've never done done this before, could someone give me a few pointers or step by step if possible,
Thanks
ali

Alli there's stacks of stuff on here along those lines. Take a look in the gallery & see what other geeks do. Obviously some of the designs are more complex than maybe you or I could ever achieve but once you see what others produce, with a bit of practice you'll be flying.

Try www.nailtopia a fellow geek. She has lovely nail art stickers that you simply stick onto the prepared nail ( polished, french, natural ) Add a few dots/flicks if you choose, bit of top coat & it's all done. The designs are really nice & they're only £2 a sheet. Depending how many you use per nail/client they will go miles.
HTH

Sonia

HI Alli,
Have done Ladies Nights before and they are so popular! Our nail stands were overrun! Make sure you take retail (if appropriate) and loads of leaflets/flyers/treatment menus. Get there early to set up....we were always late and struggled.....
Regarding art - KEEP IT SIMPLE. you want to do as many ladies as poss - keep it basic with flowers/dots/stripes/flicks/glitter.
Take a board with you showing your more elaborate designs! Take a look at the Nail Artistry book ......some good ideas in there.
If I can give you once piece of advice is keep it short and sweet....if they want more they'll book an appointment!!

Good luck
Clare

thanks guys, I'll have a look at these websites, what would be the best to retail?

ali

Pinkies Solaroil always goes down well as will Scensations, Creative nail polish, all DN. If you buy the stickers from Nailtopia you could sell them on. She will let you know what you could retail them for.
Chocolate has some deals on Nubar nail polish so check out her site.
Nail files.

Just a few ideas

Sonia

Have you tried looking at Christies website... http://www.christiesnails.com/education/1art.asp

Its her tutorial section that she's in the process of setting up and that is an her first example.... nice and simple.

You can vary the design to you're hearts content using different colours, amount of petals, amount of flowers, positioning of flowers, little dots, stripes etc... the options are endless with just a couple of techniques.

Even more simple is the dotting tool ... 5 dots in a circle with one in the middle (you could use a gem stone here)

Leaves are dead easy and sometimes really finish off a flower.

PM me if you want to see a couple of examples... My nail art is also in its early days so I understand your dilemma..... I'm not brilliant at it myself just yet but I have a couple of pikkies to explain what I've been on about if you want to see them.

Hi Alli, I've done lots of ladies nights, I agree with Clare, get there early, have a price list for the night and plenty of change. Retail and displays are attractive and advertise your business. I find that a mini manicure and polish is enough and offer a free gem that really gets the ladies queueing, once one is being done the onlookers usually ask "I'll have the same as her please" the less time on each person gives you more clients on the night and believe me I'm always the busiest and the last to leave! I am still there when they are weeping up around me. My Ladies nights have been in local schools to help raise funds for the school. Have fun!

Latest posts

Back