Ladies Night -Promoting mobile business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Evening all, my god am i excited about being registered today, yayyy at last, Imn forever on here reading posts, however never registered.
I am a mobile beautician and have atleast 7 years experiance in the business. I have only recently gone selfemployed mobile and have found it to be very difficult, probably to do with the fact that i got 1000 leaflets printed and only posted around 200, had 1 person as a no show, and one who booked makeup for her wedding day and was thrilled with her consultation, however sent a txt saying it wasnt what she wanted :|
I suppose that threw me back and disheartened me :sad:
BUT i have decided imn not giving up!!! i love beauty and hope to have a shop of my own one day, therefore imn not quitting as i have to do something that i love as my fulltime job at present is not what i want to do forever.

Sooo i have decided, i am going to start posting all my remaining leaflets, i have also organised a ladies night for 30th July at my apartment. Its bring a friend event, where every one will bring a beauty interested friend along. I will be setting up my main room as a therapist room, dim lights, candle, lavender scents, calming background music, and i will be offerring a 15min facial to all guests as a freebie taster.
Followed by this at some point i will carry out a beauty quiz (not sure what this will contain yet :|)
As a selling point, i will be doing a BOGOF deal, book a classic pedicure and get a classic manicure free.. the appointment will need to be made before departure, and as a nicee i will b handing out a gift bag with couple chocies & reccomened a friend business card that will give a certain % off for the reccomendation, not sure what % :irked:

Sooo thats my plan, plus tommorow i will be vissitting local care homes and chatting to Managers (hopefully) and offerring a one night only free nail painting for the service users, what this will achieve is me getting my foot through the door (fingers crossed)

I know it was long but just wanted to share my enthausiasm for beauty and this site!
If you have any advise or good/negative critisism please share, imn open to learning and new ideas. Hope this gives others ideas too!

Hello Hun!!

Congrats on registering!! Lol!! I'm sure you will love this site and we will all enjoy learning from your expertise!

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. My full time job is not what I want to do forever. I am mobile and also have a beauty room set up at home with the view to renting a shop eventually.

I think the ladies night idea sounds fantastic!!! :) I did something similar to this when I first qualified in tanning and it worked really well. I am also thinking of holiday another beauty party now that I am offering more treatments.

It is tough starting off and I am sure we will all have our confidence knocked at some point. I am sure our hard work will pay off eventually!

Wishing you a warm welcome to the site and the very best of luck!! :) xxxx

Aaah thank u Terrinew, yes sounds like we r in a similar situation regarding not in a job we adore :sad: but hey ur right never give up, the only way is up! God only knows i get myself soo wound up not being able to do what i love, however imn on full form n i will b chasing the dream.

Good luck to you 2, thanks for reply.x:)

Heya Hun,

Just wanna say your promotion night sounds fantastic but just make sure you have your best friend or a helper on the night to greet your new clients, pour them a drink, show them where the bathroom is as most importantly know lots about you and your business. As you are the pro in your other room doing the treatments you want the clients having the facials to chillax and come out floating- not asking you questions continuously and making you run late, making people waiting get ants in their pants etc!

We did a promo night at our salon and it was brill with one helper, me doing file and polishes coz i could chat the whole way thru and another therapist doing brow shapes-easy to chat thru. We got lots of other waxing and nail appts and there was a photographer taking pics too. This could just be your helper with a digital cam, put the pic s on a blog or facebook page!

Zoe xx

Hi Zoe,
Thanks for your message, and yes your right i will need a helping hand i better start thinking who :rolleyes:
That is a great idea about taking pictures for my FB business page, ooh imn all excited, just hope i earn atleast 1 customer from it.

Nikki.

Thats a fab idea! maybe you could have a demonstration of a treament for the guests? maybe a spray tan... could even have a hunky male as a model hehe!!

Another idea maybe you could do a raffle and the winner could win a treatment with you, and all money could go to charity??
x x x

Latest posts

Back