Ladies, what heat source are you using with IBX?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this lamp have a on/off switch ?

Sorry for the late reply I've not been on here for a few days. No the lamp doesn't have an on/off switch :( I just put it in the floor when my client's hands are curing in the CND lamp and unplug once the IBX Treatment is done. Would be much better if it had a switch though ;) xx

Hi everyone :) i got a infra red bulb from the pet store ( one they use for reptile tanks ) for $10 and a metal desk lamp from the hardware store $30. It works really well, my husband is an electrician and assured me that it is perfectly safe to use as long as the lamp is designed for a higher wattage bulb (75watt +).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does this lamp have a on/off switch ?

I've got the same lamp and got an electrician friend of mine to fit a through switch to the wire (like some table lamps have). So mine now turns on and off without unplugging it :) The switch only cost me about £2 from Wickes x

I have a lamp like this but it doesn't tilt down enough for means there's no on/off switch on lead, it's all the mains which is annoying! You can't keep bending down to switch it off after every part of the treatment.

I've got the same lamp too. Yes, it's a bit annoying that the head only adjusts up and not down, but I've solved that by resting it on a rolled up towel to give the perfect angle. Also had a through switch fitted to the wire of mine so I can turn it off and on without unplugging it :)

For those using the Minx lamp, do you have it on its hottest or lowest setting and how far away from the nails? I'm just a little concerned I may be over heating the IBX. Also I do cuticle work first but have just read you have to do it after?

i have small lamp too, im mobile so it fits neatly in my trolly bag. Doesn't have a switch though which is a bit annoying. I also use this lamp for my trendy and minx wraps (which i used to use hairdryer for but much prefer lamp). X

Hi Geeks,

Just got this in but am a bit confused by it! How long would ye recommend using the hair dryer for?

Hi there!

I was wondering if i could use a Jamberry heater for IBX treatments? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!!

For those using the Minx lamp, do you have it on its hottest or lowest setting and how far away from the nails? I'm just a little concerned I may be over heating the IBX. Also I do cuticle work first but have just read you have to do it after?

I have it fairly low, and about a foot from the nails. I put my own hand on top of the clients hand every so often to check the heat x

Latest posts

Back