Lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Syncage's post above is spot on both in advice to the poster about the site search and the very useful information she gave to the poster re using the correct UV lamp for the system.

People should think twice IMHO before they leap in to criticise or to make non-constructive comments. While making a search prior to posting is not a written site RULE ... It is a written site rule to keep your posts constructive.

It is also a site rule that if your message is to one person only that you send them a private message.
. I suggest that those who are critical of others go and have a read ... You will find the link to rules at the bottom of the page.

Hello,

Choosing a lamp for gel nails is often very misunderstood topic because many talk about looking the wattage of the lamp. This is absolutely wrong way to start. To choose a right lamp you first need to understand the gel nails substance and how the technology works to cure it. I strongly suggest to read and educate yourself about led and other lamps. For example one short overview is here about UV and LED Lamps for Gel Nails

Hello,

Choosing a lamp for gel nails is often very misunderstood topic because many talk about looking the wattage of the lamp. This is absolutely wrong way to start. To choose a right lamp you first need to understand the gel nails substance and how the technology works to cure it. I strongly suggest to read and educate yourself about led and other lamps. For example one short overview is here about UV and LED Lamps for Gel Nails

Very helpful thanks
Xxx

I'm only a mobile therapist though is it still that strict with insurance?

I think you should have a look at the small print in your insurance policy, you may find yourself uninsured if you aren't careful :)

I'm only a mobile therapist though is it still that strict with insurance?

In a nutshell, yes. The treatment is still the same as if you were salon based so therefore the guidelines are. You could always ring your insurers to clarify if unsure x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi all, I am currently in training and have a 36 WATT UV Lamp for my Gel Nails. I've also decided to train in Gel Polish and understand the LED lamp is a lot quicker than the UV lamp.
I am training with IBD Just Gel but think in time I will move on to either gelish or shellac. What is the best LED lamp to get? There's loads on the internet and I really don't know which one will be best for a beginner??

Many thanks in advance

Katie

I can't believe how much stick you have just got for asking a question, this is what the sites for, if you've got a question and need a specific answer then there's no reason why you can't ask without being mocked like this, ignore it.. as for the lamp, the best thing to do Hun is when you have decided which system you will be using, contact them or your supplier directly and ask them which lamps they recommended and take it from there, there's so many lamps out there atleast that will narrow it down for you, then just pick whatever's right for you and your budget, and ask as many blooming questions as you like !!!!
Xxxx

I can't believe how much stick you have just got for asking a question, this is what the sites for, if you've got a question and need a specific answer then there's no reason why you can't ask without being mocked like this, ignore it.. as for the lamp, the best thing to do Hun is when you have decided which system you will be using, contact them or your supplier directly and ask them which lamps they recommended and take it from there, there's so many lamps out there atleast that will narrow it down for you, then just pick whatever's right for you and your budget, and ask as many blooming questions as you like !!!!
Xxxx

I think you are missing the point that syncage and greg were trying to make. The reason that people suggest that you use the search function is to be helpful. We're not trying to chide or be lazy or difficult in referring people to the search function. We do it because subjects like lamps, timings, brands, etc. have been discussed in great depth already on this forum. The back and forth in the threads really give readers a thorough and coherent view of the topic, question and answers; related questions the OP hasn't even yet thought of have been asked and answered; It is very difficult to condense the info from a long thread into a single answer; the OP can peruse the existing threads at her leisure rather than wait for us to get around to her question. It is also helpful to those who come behind to continue the discussion in an existing thread rather than start a new one - it makes it easy to have everything in one place.

I'll admit SG has its share of snarkiness but people here overwhelmingly seek to be helpful. Sometimes that help isn't in the form you initially think it should be, but give it a chance.

I think you are missing the point that syncage and greg were trying to make. The reason that people suggest that you use the search function is to be helpful. We're not trying to chide or be lazy or difficult in referring people to the search function. We do it because subjects like lamps, timings, brands, etc. have been discussed in great depth already on this forum. The back and forth in the threads really give readers a thorough and coherent view of the topic, question and answers; related questions the OP hasn't even yet thought of have been asked and answered; It is very difficult to condense the info from a long thread into a single answer; the OP can peruse the existing threads at her leisure rather than wait for us to get around to her question. It is also helpful to those who come behind to continue the discussion in an existing thread rather than start a new one - it makes it easy to have everything in one place.

I'll admit SG has its share of snarkiness but people here overwhelmingly seek to be helpful. Sometimes that help isn't in the form you initially think it should be, but give it a chance.

Your totally right, I just wish people would stop being so rude :(

I've started to PM a member if I see a post that I want more info on to avoid hassle. Someone contacted me via PM because she knew it wasn't appropriate to discuss an issue in a particular thread.
But if you don't ask, you don't get. I got told off so many times when I first started on SG and you get used to how things are.

Latest posts

Back