Laser tattoo removal-my experience-what's yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
So I have this really big ugly tattoo that I got about 17 years ago. The tattooist at the time was quite bad and took it quite deep into my skin he possibly caused scarring himself,anyway I've had five sessions now.

My first experience , the therapist was very good, very gentle, put an ice pack on & started off at a minimal percentage on the laser. The ice pack really helped with the pain and swelling in fact there was no swelling , hardly any redness and it worked well tattoo reduced. I couldn't afford to go to her she was very very expensive at hundred and £135 a pop!

So I tried somewhere else at £30, no icepack , no real consultation ,really really hurt and my arm swelled, I saw no difference in the tattoo.

I heard the lady I first went to lower the price to £70 so I tried her again unfortunately it really didn't work very well this time she couldn't explain why and she had asked me to go back but I never had chance to I did ask if she had change the laser seen ashes change the prices but she said no.

So I tried another guy who came with a lot of recommendations he only charge £40 he came to me any actually did the nasty big tattoo as well as a very small Chinese symbol it was very painful no ice pack on my arms swelled massive! I have attached a photo of what it looks like afterwards and now it's actually scarred :( gain with no real reduction in the tattoo. I was horrified when I saw blood and blistering. The Chinese symbol on the other arm...that seemed to go well and reduced slightly.

I now a real loss with what to do it's the most ugly tattoo I will not get it covered it needs to go completely.

What are your experiences with tattoo removal? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410972331.222247.jpg

I have a homedone tattoo on my arm from when I was 16.

Ive had 2 sessions on my arm so far. It wasn't painful, at the start it just felt like an elastic band flicking me but the pain faxed.

My tattoo went white then red and slightly raised for a week then started to dissappear. My second session the laser output was raised and again the same happened. I haven't had any blisters.

Maybe the laser was too strong. I was told by the man who does mine is that everyone reacts different. Some blister really bad and others have no reaction at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have literally just got home from a consultation to have mine removed. There was a guy there sat with an ice pack after just getting his done. They said some people don't see results untill their 4th or 5th treatment and it depends on your age, the tattoo's age, the type of ink used. The younger and healthier you are the better it can work as it relys on your bodies immune system to remove the ink. I am so excited I hope it works.

It can take 12-15 sessions to get rid of a professional tattoo. I had it done about 12/13 times at a cost of £105 a pop. I wouldn't go somewhere cheap. I wouldn't use a beauty salon or tattooist either. I went to a private laser skin clinic. Pretty much all the ink is gone but I'm left with a mottled red/white mark where the tattoo was. It's normal for it to hurt and blister especially after the first few sessions.

Try Sk:n clinic in Norwich, the lasers there are medical and get excellent results, the laser basically smashes the ink which is then absorbed through the body system ... It will be sore after a Tx but products will be given as part of treatment to help ... Go for a consultation first

Latest posts

Back