Lash extension glue-patch test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi geeks. We have just introduced eyelash extensions to the salon. We r using flirties and at the minute just sticking to the original strength glue. I was wondering what the conduct was with patch testing before carrying out a treatment? Do u all do it? And where do u put it?

My colleague did a patch test on a girl yesterday and placed a dot of the glue behind her ear. Upon contact with her skin, the girl said it was quite itchy. So my collegue went to take the glue off and was able to peel it right away with ease. I was guessing that maybe this was because the glue wasn't designed to stick to skin and maybe we should glide some glue over one of the clients lashes or even attach one lash to them. But if they have a reaction, this would affect their eyes. Help! I just want to know what the correct way to go about this is. It was kind of glossed over in the training.

Hi Tasha,

On our training we patch tested by putting two small lashes on the outside corner of the eyes, two on each eye. If there is a reaction, as its only on two lashes it shouldn't be to bad. And your right, the glue isn't designed to be on the skin as it should never touch the eyelid area. Enjoy lashing!

Hope this helps :hug:

Hi Tasha,

On our training we patch tested by putting two small lashes on the outside corner of the eyes, two on each eye. If there is a reaction, as its only on two lashes it shouldn't be to bad. And your right, the glue isn't designed to be on the skin as it should never touch the eyelid area. Enjoy lashing!

Hope this helps :hug:

Ditto! Exactly what Hannah said!:)

yes exactly what hannah and jules said x

Yes, what they all said :)

Eyelash glue should NEVER touch the skin! This should have been made really clear at your training.

Like the geeks above, I apply 2 short lashes as the outside corner of each eye.

Me too that's what I 've been told to do, but just one each eye, outer corner.

How long do you have to give to see if there will be a reaction though? Cause on our training we were told we dont need to do it because it never touches the skin

I was told 24 hours at least
Shel

I trained with Lash Perfect and was told that we do not need to patch test as the glue will only touch the lash and not the skin :confused:

At blink & go we was told only to test ppl who are sensitive to mascara or alergic to alot of things and just swipe a bit of glue over an eyelash, I have done one client who came back and asked me to take them off as she was a bit sensitive to them she said she woke up and her eyes felt a bit gunky so I took them off,

Latest posts

Back