Lash extension problem client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeauty1

Reaction score
Please take time to read this and help me will be so appreciated.
I had a lady (well young adult) come in for mink lash extensions in December.
I normally did then at £45 but she kept asking for a discount saying that I had an offer of £25 in November (which I did). Anyway she managed to talk me into doing them for £25. 7 days after her appointment she complained about them so offered a free touch up and re-fill. A week after this she complained again, I was so upset and worried about my reputation I said I will re-do them in jan.
She never contacted me...until now.
I decided to stop doing the lashes replacing for marvel and emporium lashes, so I don't offer the mink service anymore now anyways.
She is saying sorry for late contact but she's had a bad private time etc.
What shall I do? She is asking for a full refund from december or the free set I promised (which I know she will complain about). Help :(

What was her complaint and did she send you a picture or did you see them? It sounds like she is just pulling a fast one and whatever you do she will keep coming back for a freebie. If you were happy with the lashes and none of your other clients have had a problem with them I would tell her that you have done everything you can.

I am however crap at dealing with complaints so you might want to wait for someone else to reply lol!

Oh god she's taking advantage! Don't do anything for her, at very most offer 10% off the new lashes you use. Be strong honey she's taking advantage!!!

Xxx

I have just looked back and it was actually The very beginning of December.
She was my only complaint and I stopped them due to higher profit margins by doing marvel and emporium.

This is the Facebook she has sent me 'hey Hun, sorry for late delay as have had a very busy start to year with lots if personal problems. When can I come and get the free set if lashes you promised?'

I feel sick even looking at it, firstly I said jan and secondly I don't offer these anymore :(

I think you know the answer to this one?
I would just reply saying you're sorry for her 'personal problems' but as so much time as gone by you are unable to to carry out the free treatment.
Keep it short and sweet :)

Yes I know your right, the trouble is Facebook can be the route of all evil when It comes to local businesses :( x

Email her and explain that you no longer use the lashes she had and therefor as its been 3 months you unfortunately can't keep the original offer of a free set of lashes. However you'd like to invite her to receive £25 off voucher to be used against the standard rate of £45 for a full set of lashes. You can explain that she is still receiving what she would have spent. But you are still covering your cost. I doubt she will come back, but you have been more than reasonable.

tell her just that.

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. Unfortunately I no longer offer these lashes and my good will gesture was valid only for the month of January. if you would like to book in for a service I currently offer I would be pleased to offer you a 10% discount.

Kind regards,

Yes I know your right, the trouble is Facebook can be the route of all evil when It comes to local businesses :( x

Stick to you're guns! x

Be strong, you're a business not a charity. We all have problems, don't rise to that. You set a boundary of doing them again in January, it is now the end of March! She's missed her slot. Do you really want a client thats taking the mick out of you for nothing? Stick to your guns if you loose her you're not missing out on much as you're giving her cheep/freebies. Not worth your time hun.

I think she would go for Bliss's offer:cool:

Thanks everyone, wish me luck. I am going to message her first thing as i dont even work on a sunday or monday anyways so i think that is acceptable.
i just know if i annoy her she will defamate me on facebook :Scared:

Be strong, you're a business not a charity. We all have problems, don't rise to that. You set a boundary of doing them again in January, it is now the end of March! She's missed her slot. Do you really want a client thats taking the mick out of you for nothing? Stick to your guns if you loose her you're not missing out on much as you're giving her cheep/freebies. Not worth your time hun.

Trouble is I don't think this client is going to lay down on this one. Best to offer her a discount to keep her sweet . Question is.. how do you get rid of her without her badmouthing the therapist.

This is whats so hard.

i think i may write this.

' Hello C......,
I am sorry I havent heard from you sooner as i was expecting you in january, I currently no longer offer this particular service.However, As a gesture of goodwill (along with the 2 free infills sessions you received) I am happy to offer you the closest alternative treatment i offer, Emporium lashes. They are normally £40 so you will be receiving a higher price alternative to what you initially paid. Unfortunately my diary is fully booked till the middle of april, I welcome you to book an appointment between the 15th-30th april. After these dates the offer will be unavailable. This will be a complimentary service therefore i would be unable to offer any infills on this service unless paid in full.
Due to trading standards all i needed to offer you was one initial correction appointment, Therefore i have gone above and beyond the expectational guidelines and fulfilled my obligatory contract. Many thanks and look forward to booking you in.

Does this seem an acceptable reply? too formal or not enough?
I dont want to be confrontational.

If she badmouths you on facebook then block her! I think that reply covers everything and sounds professional, go for it x

I think you've said it very well lovebeauty. You've covered your back in every way possible, so she can't argue, and you sound professional. Good luck, let us know what her reply is.

I would not put in about trading standards, I would save that incase she replays that's not good enough and that you offered her a free infill and now want to charge.

Kirsty

Marking to read later x

this client will never go away if you keep giving in to her.

You will have to eventually say no to her demands and if she is going to badmouth you, she will do this anyway, whether it is now, or 6 months down the line.

I would tell her she is not getting anything but keep it short. Eg. Hi xxx, I am sorry you had some personal problems but unfortunately the offer of free lashes has now expired.

Kind regards...

END OF!

Latest posts

Back