Lash glue without formaldehyde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lash2012

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP! My client has been having her lashes done with me for around over a year, and had no problems with my blink glue (purple lid) until recently her eye swelled up and had crust appearing in lashes on both eyes. This has also happened to another 2 clients this same week. I am really concerend and believe it maybe something to do with the ingredient Formaldehyde,??

Can anyone name a good glue that will stip this reaction from happening.

I clean all my tools before each client so i really dont know what it could be. Pleas help!

Thanks x

It is possible for someone to develop an allergy to a product after any length of time using it.
It may just be an unfortunate coincidence that 3 clients have reacted in the same week :-(
You could try them on sensitive glue, but if they still react, you will have to leave them for about 6 months and then patch test to see if the allergy has disappeared.
x
Also, have you changed any other products: tape, pads, primer, sealant? Or, are they all luckily pregnant :)

Hi, I've been trained only for 2 months. Firstly I was using the marvell lash glue and 2 weeks ago I switched to Blink ultra adhesive. I thought I got a cold and I've been feeling so unwell. I couldn't breath and my nose was tottaly blocked. My lungs were burning . I just found out yesterday it was not a cold but allergy to the glue!! Breathing the glue for 2 hours was just killing me. I had to find a strong a fast drying glue today as I am fully boomed next week. Check out this company they sell a glue free of latex and formaldehyde http://www.eyelashemporium.com/products/ultra-platinum-eyelash-glue. Hopefully it's gonna be a great glue and I will feel good. I will also always use a face mask not matter if I am allergic or not. Health is the most important think and none glue is good to breath

Even glues which do not do not contain formaldehyde, will actually produce formaldehyde as part of the chemical reaction when the adhesive is exposed to air.

I am not good at explaining science stuff very well (where is Ruth Mills when we need her)! but if you are really worried about a reaction to this particular chemical, I would suggest you do some thorough research to find out more about this.

It can be very misleading as companies advertise their glue as "formaldehyde Free". Strictly speaking this is true but, for the reason I have mentioned, is VERY misleading I think.

Latest posts

Back