Lash problem/reaction-very strange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eventer07

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Please can you help me. I qualified as a lash technician 4 years ago and have never come across this situation before... have just emailed Beautrix too... hopefully they may be able to help...?

I have a lash client who had been having lashes for about 2 years with no problems. One day last year she became 'allergic' to something, with her lower lash line (which had only been covered by the pads) becoming red, sore and dry and her eyes running. This didnt happen until the evening having had her lashes applied during the day. It took about 2 weeks to clear up. We tried again without pads (eyes open) with sensitive glue... all of this was while using another brand of glue and pads.... the same thing happened when we tried again without pads. Although she is always fine when leaving the salon.

We have left it for about 6 months and as I have recently switched my products (one of which being to the flirties glue.. and I now use sticky lint free pads but they have nothing in them, they're dry not wet) ... and so my client asked to try again with the new products.
I did her lashes on Wednesday and used the fumeless glue. Thursday they were fine. Friday (2 days later) the same thing began to happen as last time :(

I am going to take them off tomorrow, but wondered if you'd heard of this before? What do you think might be happening? I'm wondering if the glue reacts (although nothing should be touching it) with another product she uses, maybe moisturiser or make-up?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you xx

It sounds like she has an allergy to lash adhesive and it doesn't matter what you use she will have the same reaction.

We can become allergic to things at any point even if we have been using the item for years we can suddenly become allergic.

I would patch test her with your next glue by applying just one or two lashes the same length as her natural lash to the outer corner of her eye and see how she is after 24 hrs and again at 48 hrs up to a week and then if she is ok apply the lashes again. Igniting append again she may be a better candidate for lash lifting however def patch test her for everything

Latest posts

Back