Lash tint not tinting bottom lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
When I tint lashes the top ones go fine but the bottom ones don't seem to tint hardly at all! Why is this? They tint a little bit but not much?

Not sure how you are doing them this is how I do mine:

Prepare damp, shaped cotton pads and spread vaseline onto them, ask client to look upwards and place pads under bottom lashes.

Ask client to gently close her eyes, re-arrange pads if they have moved. Some clients have a pad of fat under the eye and when they close them the pad pops out of place.

Apply the tint onto the top lashes, gently push into the base of the lashes and ensure all lashes are covered.

Place a damp pad over the eyes while they are taking.

This method will tint top and bottom lashes.

Be aware that some clients have fine and/or sparse lashes so the effect will not be so dramatic. The lashes will have the same amount of colour but because there are fewer of them the density of colour will not be there.

Jacqui xx

Maybe it is just where the bottom lashes are thinner and there are less of them????

Ok, I always tint lashes with eyes open, apply tint to bottom lashes, get client to close eyes then apply to top lashes. Be really thorough.

I never place anything over lashes whilst tint taking. No need. But be very careful when applying tint. If you have extremely sensitive client then do with eyes closed but tbh you rarely have this type of client.

Ensure no vaseline covers lashes as this will act as a barrier. Ensure correct amount if time left for development time and also that you have left the tint on for the correct amount of time, if in doubt leave on for less,then check and add more time.

Ok, I always tint lashes with eyes open, apply tint to bottom lashes, get client to close eyes then apply to top lashes. Be really thorough.

I never place anything over lashes whilst tint taking. No need. But be very careful when applying tint. If you have extremely sensitive client then do with eyes closed but tbh you rarely have this type of client.

Ensure no vaseline covers lashes as this will act as a barrier. Ensure correct amount if time left for development time and also that you have left the tint on for the correct amount of time, if in doubt leave on for less,then check and add more time.

This is exactly what I do.

Also remember that lower lashes are much more sparse than the top, so the top lashes will always look darker.
x

are you applying enough tint that it gets as down through to the bottom lashes.?

Sorry I realised I did typo then, if you do eyes open then apply to bottom lashes, then eyes closed, you can't go wrong, as long as you leave on for correct amount of time all will be good.

You can do the eyes closed method but I like to ensure full coverage by doing eyes open first then closed.

Like I said earlier, ensure no Vaseline on eyelashes as this will create a barrier.

I tend to go for blue/ black as this ensures maximum effect. Unless asked for something different. Then of course the client is always right:lol:

Like all things in the beauty world there is more than one way to do the same task.

I would not be able to have my lashes tinted with eyes open as I could not keep them steady enough.

And I don't like to see things coming towards my eyes.

I have to have injections into my actual eyes on a regular basis and although the nurse says I can keep them open there is noooooo way I could.

i have a few clients who love to have their lashes tinted but are a bit claustrophobic with the eyes being covered (as per my training) and lying down so i paint on the tint as i would mascara and they sit in a chair ,quite happily reading a magazine while it takes..

Like all things in the beauty world there is more than one way to do the same task.

I would not be able to have my lashes tinted with eyes open as I could not keep them steady enough.

I have to have injections into my actual eyes on a regular basis and although the nurse says I can keep them open there is noooooo way I could.

Totally agree, I have some clients that I cannot do with the eyes open as they are just like you, plus I'm the same. :Scared:

Yeah, I was taught this and always tinted like this. I must admit, never come across the eyes open method??

Does it not sting your clients eyes if they blink too much??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I do with eyes open too!!
If you use a cream activator with the tint. I use Refectocil products! The tint will not run into the eyes, even if the client blinks hard. However, I only leave the eyes open for as long as it takes to apply to the lower lashes.

I do with eyes open too!!
If you use a cream activator with the tint. I use Refectocil products! The tint will not run into the eyes, even if the client blinks hard. However, I only leave the eyes open for as long as it takes to apply to the lower lashes.

So do you do lower lids first (eyes open) then tint upper eyelashes with eyes closed? Do you not get tint everywhere? Or do you apply upper eyelash tint with eyes open and then ask client to close whilst developing?

Do you still apply Vaseline round eyes so that tint doesn't stain skin?

Latest posts

Back