Lash Tinting Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire-Bear

Reaction score
Can you help me please?

What client position do you find best for lash tinting. I use an almost reclined position (bed on notch 3 - same as i use for facials and brow waxing) however with the majority of my clients I find that when they close their eyes their lashes disappear under the protector pad. What am I doing wrong? I have tried lying them flatter or sitting them up slightly but it's a lot of faffing around when its a new client (and doesn't look too professional) Is it the client postioning or is it the protector pads?

I use cotton pads with the filling removed - the thin round disc I then fold in half, dampen, add a line of petroleum jelly to the straight edge and place under the lower lashes. I also put petroleum jelly under the lower lashes to protect them. I have also tried the protectors that come with the tints but find these of a very peculiar shape!!
What method of protection do you use??:lol: Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I do the same but cut the pad rather than fold it this might make it too thick hence you loosing the lashes?
Posted via Mobile Device

I do the same but cut the pad rather than fold it this might make it too thick hence you loosing the lashes?
Posted via Mobile Device

That is what I do as well, put petroleum jelly underneath the cotton pad, and the pad is in a semi circle shape and stick it jelly side down, so it is nice and flat underneath the clients bottom eyelashes, also I have them lying flat on he bed, hope this helps! :hug: x x x

I use protector pads, which seem to fit the majority of my clients, although I sometimes need to adjust them with scissors.

When I used cotton pads I used to fold one disc in half & cut an arc into the fold line that matches the curve of their lower lashes. You then have two thin pieces of cotton that will sit along their eyeline from the one pad. Also, when you put the barrier jelly on your cotton wool put a little on the skin where the cotton wool is going to sit as well, that helps hold it in place better.

I have the client in an almot reclined position

I use the paper protectors, and find that a little petroleum jelly underneath the pad keeps it nicely in place

HTHs xx

I have my clients fully reclined and then use the protector pads from Thuya which fit brilliantly. I often readjust the pads once the client has closed their eyes to ensure all lashes are exposed. You could use a disposable mascara brush to bring all the hairs up after fitting the pad.

I do pretty much the same as Martin. Damp cotton disk, peel in half, cut one half along the middle and you end up with 2 semi-circle disks which I cut arcs into and then cut one of the pointy ends off so they fit snug to the nose.

Client is laying flat with just a pillow under their head and then I readjust the disk so lashes are laying in the right place. Of course petrolium jelly all round too.

Karaxxx

Instead of using cotton discs i use damp gauze a strip under each eye i find it moulds to the skin more and the lashes stay on top of the gauze.:hug:

Instead of using cotton discs i use damp gauze a strip under each eye i find it moulds to the skin more and the lashes stay on top of the gauze.:hug:

Good idea!!

I apply vaseline on the top and lower lids being extremely careful not to touch the lashes. Never had a problem doing them this way at all. Just make sure you apply enough vaseline down far enough so when they close their lids you don't get the staining.

Many thanks for all your replies on this..............

I have a new client for lash tinting on Friday so will make sure she is fully reclined and use the half cotton pad cut in half method, hoepfully this will solve my problems.

Once again, many thanks.

I agree to all of the above reponses, but also I lie them flat and I ask them to look as far up as they can and i apply the tint on the lower lashes first, unsuring that they are all covered, you have to be very careful not to get tint in the eye obv!! Then I get them to close their eyes and do the top ones, I got taught to get them to close their eyes and just apply it from there but found that some lower ones got missed, especially the tiny ones. If you also do the bottom with the eys open then dismiss this!! :green:

I agree to all of the above reponses, but also I lie them flat and I ask them to look as far up as they can and i apply the tint on the lower lashes first, unsuring that they are all covered, you have to be very careful not to get tint in the eye obv!! Then I get them to close their eyes and do the top ones, I got taught to get them to close their eyes and just apply it from there but found that some lower ones got missed, especially the tiny ones. If you also do the bottom with the eys open then dismiss this!! :green:
Hello - I do this too - achieve great results - just have to have a v steady hand and a client how can remain relaxed when a brush/therapist is looming over them and coming towards their eye:)

I have my client in a semi reclined position (this way you have less chance of anything getting in the eye during processeing). I use vasoline underneath the eye and instead of cotton as protecters i use a small peice of saran wrap. You can get closer to the lower lash than if you used cotton and it can shape to any eye.

I always make sure my client is led flat. I find it easier for the application. I also use the protector pads, find they fit most eye shapes and very rarely have to cut them to a different shape. I also always put vaseline above and under the lashes and also on one side of the protector pad, it always stays in place. xxx :hug:

Latest posts

Back