Lashers need to read this

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frattylicious

Reaction score
Hello fellow lashers it has been recently brought to my attention that after some case studies have been done regarding lash glue / medical grade bonding. It is believed to be coming mainly from China or Korea! Studies has been concluded that these product currently contain formaldehyde and other products that were originally made for the automotive industry.. while some of you may be aware for this... I haven't seen a lot of talk regarding this.But I've seen tons of questions regarding glue... so its something I figured I would post upon..also just quickly because I wont drag this post of forever .. Currently It is said that Xtreme Lash and Nova Lash Glue contain only safe chemicals =) Keep your eyes peeled everyone!

Hello fellow lashers it has been recently brought to my attention that after some case studies have been done regarding lash glue / medical grade bonding. It is believed to be coming mainly from China or Korea! Studies has been concluded that these product currently contain formaldehyde and other products that were originally made for the automotive industry.. while some of you may be aware for this... I haven't seen a lot of talk regarding this.But I've seen tons of questions regarding glue... so its something I figured I would post upon..also just quickly because I wont drag this post of forever .. Currently It is said that Xtreme Lash and Nova Lash Glue contain only safe chemicals =) Keep your eyes peeled everyone!

ummmm... interesting! I worry about the sore throats and chest myself and my clients get when being around the glue!

ummmm... interesting! I worry about the sore throats and chest myself and my clients get when being around the glue!

I stopped getting sore throats as soon as i changed back to my original glue. I will stop mentioning it as i have mentioned the brand so often that people will think that i am getting % off their sales :cool::D

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I think you have touched a valid point which is very crucial to the beauty industry but unfortunately a lot of therapists prefer to buy cheap products from unsafe sources or from the far east where safety regulations are much different.

Speak to your supplier and make sure the products are
* medically approved (this is a very strict regulation and can be proven in the paperwork)
* approved for use in your country (for us it would be European approved but there is obviously other authorities for the US, Australia etc)
* low formaldehyde content or even better formaldehyde free (there is only a handful on the market)

We always emphasize to clients and students that safety should come first (for your own the clients sake) but unfortunately not everyone has got those priorities!

btw, Flirties fully complies with all of those :biggrin:

The problem with formaldehyde, is that is doesn't have to be listed on the ingredients to be in the glue. The reason for this is that formaldehyde forms when certain chemicals are mixed together, and that is why some of these companies have formaldehyde in their glue, but not listed on the label. I think seeing formaldehyde causes irritations and allergic reactions the best rule of thumb is to find a product that does not cause these irritations. Even some of the most reputable companies sell glue that causes irritations and in extreme situations reactions to the glue in the form of allergic reactions. Sadly, sometimes when a client has reacted to a glue, it won't matter how mild your glue is, she will not be able to wear the lashes anymore because the damage has been done.

I agree to the points and whilst its not easy, it is possible to produce a formaldehyde free adhesive. Allergies or reactions can occur against any ingredient and at any time but dealing with clients eyes and especially if the client comes regular for lash extensions it is vital to make sure that the products you are using comes from a safe sourse and not something without certificates or the relevant approvals. Even though you might find the product ok to use at the beginning, it is often not till later when the problems start due to unsafe ingredients.

Especially with these products i would always say "better safe than sorry"

I totally agree with you, Beautytrix! it IS possible to have formaldehyde free and get all the best qualities in the glue in order to benefit our clients, and in turn our businesses.

I agree to the points and whilst its not easy, it is possible to produce a formaldehyde free adhesive. Allergies or reactions can occur against any ingredient and at any time but dealing with clients eyes and especially if the client comes regular for lash extensions it is vital to make sure that the products you are using comes from a safe sourse and not something without certificates or the relevant approvals. Even though you might find the product ok to use at the beginning, it is often not till later when the problems start due to unsafe ingredients.

Especially with these products I would always say "better safe than sorry"
Hey yeah, Nova Lash Glue and Xtreme Lash Glue made in a registered FDA Lab... are probably more expensive but they are formaldehyde free! they are made in the U.S. thought that this would help. There are a few more.. Ill look into them and post them as they come to my attention... But watch out for this because... certainly pay 20 dollars for bottle of glue is worth it.... I mean formaldehyde is one thing but the other chemicals that they put in them are probably worse...they are derived from the automotive industry... gee i cant wait to stick that stuff! next to my eye lol Ill try to keep everyone posted

I would like to confirm that all lash revolution adhesives are both latex and formaldehyde free xx

I purchased glue from a company in South Korea that stated that their glue had been FDA approved. I went on the FDA website to check and it was listed.

I purchased glue from a company in South Korea that stated that their glue had been FDA approved. I went on the FDA website to check and it was listed.

The FDA does not approve nor does it have anything to do with how we lash.. the only FDA association there is , is if it was developed in an FDA approved lab.. the FDA does NOT what so ever approve anything in the lash business... Watch out for how they try to word things.. sneaky!

Hope this helps <3

I would like to confirm that all lash revolution adhesives are both latex and formaldehyde free xx

Do you know that it is made out of?

I didn't take the company's word for it. I went to the FDA web site and found that it had been approved by the FDA. They have listed the Regulation Number, Registered Establishment Number and Owner/Operator Number. This was just a suggestion that if you want to verify if a product has been approved for use in the USA, you can go to the official FDA web site for verification.

Latest posts

Back