Lashers using the wrong glues on flare lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes bonkers you're right, it's the glue we use for the SP lashes. But it is also what is used for the Lets go flare lashes. Confused :(

Ok here's the picture,hope this works!;)

That photo is awful! Do these so called lash techs not realise what they are doing is dangerous and could seriously damage someones eyes :evil:

Yes bonkers you're right, it's the glue we use for the SP lashes. But it is also what is used for the Lets go flare lashes. Confused :(

I've just looked at the lets go kits and some have duo in and the basic one
Doesn't I would personally use duo for the clusters def don't use the pro 15 you really need to get that clarified as it is a semi permanent adhesive and you don't want to be damaging your clients lashes they will never return and word of mouth is so important for getting new clients.

Here's what happens when you use the wrong glue... Top picture!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360059053.225499.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360059053.225499.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 3,579
I've double checked with the Lets go educators, Pro15 was developed for the Lets go flare lashes, it is a strong but flexible adhesive, it's nowhere near as strong as pro 10,pro5 or pro x5 which are the glues used for the semi permanent lashes,so is therefor perfect for flare lashes. But obviously can only be used by trained Lets go techs who know what they are doing. but duo glue is not suitable for flare lashes that are going to be kept on for longer than a day, as duo contains latex, like strip lash adhesive does and so cannot be left on the skin overnight and certainly not for up to a week, a the pro 15 can. I'm assuming the pics posted tho are not done by a proper lash tech, I agree they look awful. And I agree strong semi perm lash glue should not be used on cluster lashes. But just wanted to be clear about the Lets go Flare lashes. Xx

I've double checked with the Lets go educators, Pro15 was developed for the Lets go flare lashes, it is a strong but flexible adhesive, it's nowhere near as strong as pro 10,pro5 or pro x5 which are the glues used for the semi permanent lashes,so is therefor perfect for flare lashes. But obviously can only be used by trained Lets go techs who know what they are doing. but duo glue is not suitable for flare lashes that are going to be kept on for longer than a day, as duo contains latex, like strip lash adhesive does and so cannot be left on the skin overnight and certainly not for up to a week, a the pro 15 can. I'm assuming the pics posted tho are not done by a proper lash tech, I agree they look awful. And I agree strong semi perm lash glue should not be used on cluster lashes. But just wanted to be clear about the Lets go Flare lashes. Xx

You are correct - pro 15 is developed exclusively by nouveau. It is a flexible adhesive with significantly less vapours than other SP adhesives. Nouveau specifically instruct that cluster lashes used with pro 15 should be removed after one week maximum, due to the natural lashes being unable to shed and the risk of infection.

Using any kind of strip lash adhesive is absolutely the wrong protocol for clusters unless they are to be work for the evening only. All strip adhesives contain latex which is a known irritant - hence why it should not be work for long periods - risking over exposure otherwise.

The ONLY strip lash adhesive that can be worn overnight and for 3-4 days at a time is again a latex FREE adhesive which was developed by Nouveau, and at present is available only in their Millie mackintosh strip lash range

HTH

week maximum,

Thanks so so so much for clearing this up!! This has honestly bugged me since I qualified last summer. Looking at my competition the definition of sp lashes is totally confusing, some using 'cluster' 'party lashes' and 'individual' in the same treatment definition!! I was only asked to do them recently and naively used sp glue because thats the only logical way they can last for any more than 1 week and thats what a helluva lot of salons offer!
Fortunately I failed miserably applying the clusters! It took me 30 mins to tget 3 on and even still they werent secure, two had slowly turned 90 degrees and I coulsn't understand how on earth a cluster was meant to balance on a single lash... I had to sheepishly apologise and remove them.
nce then I've done (sp) lashes on other lashers and they agree they're horrible! There is however a worrying number of salons in glasgow offering semi permanent party lashes :(
I've never liked them, I've never offered them to customers and now I have the knowledge to explain to my clients! X

I have just done a eyelash extension course. But there is a couple of questions I want to ask. Would you recommend silk and mink over synthetic do they look more like a natural lash than synthetics?

My trainer says you will very rarely use 20-25mm and only would use them if they were wearing them as a one off occasion like a wedding and that they had to promise to have them removed and smaller ones put in after! mine are that fine they used 6mm on mine and I used the same on my mum. I really don't want my future clients to go round looking fake anyway I want to enhance their beauty!

Another question I was told not to use mascara as it clogs up the lashes but when I have been looking at distributors of lashes they sell mascara for eyelash extensions. I was gonna ring up my trainer to ask on Monday but if someone could let me know on here that would be great. I want to practise at least 10 more set until I let myself lose on the public! :)

Before I started work in the salon I'm in at the moment where I get beautiful individual lashes I unfortunately had another therapist apply the clusters using permanent glue. After 2 days I had to remove after being in such discomfort with the clumped up glue around my lash line.
It took forever to remove them and resulted in me losing about 75 % of my lashes.
I would say to anyone that using the semi perm glue for these type of lashes is not a good idea.
I do cluster/party lashes often for wedding make up and love them. However, I use a black strip-lash glue and they still last about 3 days. If people want longer I recommend they see my colleague for proper individuals.

Latest posts

Back