Lashing - Taping the lash back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeycure

Reaction score
I just recently got my certification in lashing, and so did my co worker. We both went to different schools. At mine, I was taught to do the basic lash prep, and then isolate the lash and start attaching

But my coworker was taught to tape some of the lashes back so there's only a thin layer of lashes poking out, making it easier for her to isolate the lash, and then release more lashes from the tape until she's all done.

Has anyone ever heard of that kind of technique before? If so, how do you exactly do that? I'd really like to try that out!

I have seen it before on youtube (can't for the life of me remember where though)

You detack some tape and then with the eyes closed you just put the tape under the tips and pull them back and stick onto the eyelid.

I tried it on my 4 yr old and it worked a treat (although I didn't apply lash extensions, just did the taping) but when I tried it on a client it just wasn't happening for me - not sure why.

It is more common to lash what you can see and then tape back the extensions using the same technique revealing loads of lashes underneath.

I have never been trained this way though and was just trying things out, so this is just from what I have seen.

Hope it helps though and if I can find the video then I'll post it xxx

Hi
Imagine you are weaving through the lashes a bit like a hairdresser when they weave through the hair when doing highlights, and you tape back with surgical tape (its best to take most of the stickyness off the tape as its better for when you remove). Its a very good technique if your client has tons of lashes as it makes isolation easier. Hope that helps. x

I just recently got my certification in lashing, and so did my co worker. We both went to different schools. At mine, I was taught to do the basic lash prep, and then isolate the lash and start attaching

But my coworker was taught to tape some of the lashes back so there's only a thin layer of lashes poking out, making it easier for her to isolate the lash, and then release more lashes from the tape until she's all done.

Has anyone ever heard of that kind of technique before? If so, how do you exactly do that? I'd really like to try that out!

This is how I was trained on my Lash Perfect course last year.
You detack the tape & then weave your tweezers through the lashes,pull them back & tape down onto the lid. Apply your lashes to the lashes visible, then when there's no more lashes left to lash, let the taped lashes out and carry on till all done.

i done my training with secsi lashes and we taped the lashes in 3 rows was much easier to achieve the full look,im going to do another course on lashes because i dont know anyone who,s heard of secsi lashes but im hoping whoever i go with use the same technique

Thanks ladies!
I think I'm gonna try it out on my mother :D

Isolating lashes on people with lots of hair gives me a headache!

I also trained with lash perfect (or lavish lashes as they were called back in the day!) & I too tape back the lashes, I can imagine it must be very difficult if you didnt.
Whilst I am taping the lashes back I always describe it to the clients as "doing a very little zig zag through the lashes like you do the parting in your hair".
Good luck, let us know how you get on :D
Love Emma x

I am doing a new set on Friday so will try this then.

Does this work as well, when doing infills?

I dont understand this so if someone could clarify :) Are you are pulling back the selected lashes and sticking to the eyelid? I cant visualise it. Would this not feel uncomfortable?

:Scared:
I dont understand this so if someone could clarify :) Are you are pulling back the selected lashes and sticking to the eyelid? I cant visualise it. Would this not feel uncomfortable?
Hi
I have only ever had it done to me once on my training day and its not uncomfortable no. Just feels a little weird and then you are not even aware of it by the time the lashing treatment starts.

Jen, could you post that link to the picture? Also Jen I have never tried taping back when infilling so not sure about that, always been a bit scared :Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared: but thats just me. xx

Here is the link to the video I saw. From what I can gather it is an extreme version of taping up lol - but gives you the idea.

mms://moonjs1709.cafe24.com/moonjs1709/one.wmv

Jen x

I am quite new to lashing too and I find it so much easier taping up, it takes me a lot less time doing it this way too. XX

Latest posts

Back