Launching tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireL

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering if I could ask all those who have successfully launched either a salon or a home salon what would your top 3 tips be to someone launching this year?

Im launching in April ( a home salon) and Im really trying to think of the best and cost effective ways to launch and get people's attention :)

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire! Well done on your home salon!

My top 3 tips would definitely be...

- Take FULL advantage of people already being in your salon...for example collect everyones contact details (instant potential client database), run competitions for free mini treatments or discounted full treatments etc, get clients on arrival to 'like' your Facebook page or follow your Twitter, then to tag your Facebook/Twitter page in a status or 'check-in' at your salon = lots of reach for your page!

- Try & get local press coverage...if you have a local paper, email or ring them with your proposal & make a really big celebration of it! Invite everyone you can think of that may have contacts within the industry or has a large circle of friends - it's all about tact!

- DON'T BE A STRESSED HOST! - This is so important, you never get a second chance for a first impression. Get someone else to help you get your salon ready the night before, pick out a lovely sparkly outfit to make you stand out, get your hair & makeup done at a beauty counter & RELAX! If someone you've never met sees you in a massive flap on your event night that is how they will remember you & will be less likely to book.

It was so hard to pick 3 & there are some very useful threads on this topic so have a search using the box at the top of the page :)

Good luck! x

Really like what PinkSwoon said - agree with it all. To add to that...here's a suggestion.

I'd suggest a launch event - have an in-salon cocktail evening, invite current clients and prospective clients (ie bring a friend) and offer some sort of launch special - and also you might consider an MC and guest speaker of some sort.

If you then have the launch event as the central marketing piece, you can then have all your promotions lead everyone to attending the event (unless it's by invite only) and in the weeks leading up to the event, you can create buzz with your current clients and around the area with promotional activities.

I'd try and integrate (sorry, horrible marketing term) all the promotions that you do. What I mean is this - plan your promotions leading up to the launch so that they are released in some sort of planned way where your target market will see/hear them in all sorts of places over the promotional period and NOT so they are ad hoc and get lost in their own noise.

You could do:
Leaflet drop
-Press coverage
-Advert with editorial
-Email messages (and/or in-salon) to current clients
-Leaflets in local and relevant businesses where your target market hangs out (ie gyms, networking groups, pharmacies etc...)
- And more...

Just make sure that every piece of communications has the same message and call to action.

During the event, you can gather names and contact details and from there, follow people up with the special launch offer and get them booked in :)

I did this when I launched my salon - it worked well. This is only one way to launch your salon and if an event is not your thing, you can still do the integrated promotions - just need a different message and call to action :)

Good luck and how exciting!

Hi

Thank you both for your ideas :)

Biz Girl would this work for a home salon Im not keen on lots of people all at once in my house would it work outside my home salon for example in a conference room etc?

Thanks

Hi, if you're not keen on a launch event at home (and I can understand that) then it would be quite ok to find a different way to launch. You could still do what I suggested but without the event and be very effective. I'm not sure about the idea of an event somewhere else ie conference room because you lose the impact of having people in your salon experiencing it etc etc. There is always the idea of a virtual event ie have video of your salon, plus testimonials of happy clients and put that up on Facebook, email etc and have a week of specials or something like that. There's a lot of creative ways to do it....

Latest posts

Back