LED lamp - PAT testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch-ela

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, mods please move if necessary.

I have learnt that I need to get my electrical equipment pat tested once a year, but where do I go to get this done? Can any electrician do this and do I need a certificate to show that this has been done? I have a nail room in a hair salon, so I don't have many electrical items.

Thanks

Do the hairdressers not have someone they use? We pay for an electrician who comes into the shop once a year and only charges £1 per item ;-) he's a clients husband.or look for someone local (google) ?

Thanks Pinkpants. So is it just any electrician that can do it or do they need to have a licence for this?
I've not long lived in the UK so I've never come across this before.

Sorry to jump on this thread! Just wondering if this applies to mobile therapists too?

Beauty Therapist and Training Associate

I have attached a link from the HSE regarding PAT testing. HTH. When calling electricians just ask if they can complete portable appliance testing, most will be able to, they do provide documents of what equipment they have tested and any defects that are found. They are quite cheap generally one or two pounds per item. They also provide stickers on the equipment that have been tested with the next date the items should be re-tested. It is good working practice to have equipment tested and may be a requirement of your insurance.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/electricity/faq-portable-appliance-testing.htm

Last edited:
Sorry to jump on this thread! Just wondering if this applies to mobile therapists too?

Hi,
Yes it does ...,

Sanilulu x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi,
Yes it does ...,

Sanilulu x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thank you! :)

Not sure where to post this, mods please move if necessary.

I have learnt that I need to get my electrical equipment pat tested once a year, but where do I go to get this done? Can any electrician do this and do I need a certificate to show that this has been done? I have a nail room in a hair salon, so I don't have many electrical items.

Thanks
Just to clarify, that whilst it may be good practise to have your electrical appliances PAT tested, it is not a legal stipulation or government legislation. I am referring specifically to PAT testing. Very obviously it is vitally important to ensure that ones appliances are safely maintained, checked and used.

Also be aware of taking dodgy phone calls from underhand people or companies who state that you have to be PAT tested.

As already stated, check with your local authority or Insurance.

Latest posts

Back