Legalities of pictures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialbutterfly

Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering if there are any laws against using photo's from sites on the internet for your own use, such as a website/pricelist or even pics blown up to put on the salon wall? If there is....where can I get proffessional pics from to put on my pricelist?
I would do them myself but i have a rubbish camera!! It would just look really amateur!!
Please help!!
Thanx Maxine xx

Hi Maxine!

When i had my website for my old salon made the designer said i had to get in touch with Creative and ask them if i could have a media package sent out to be able to use their pictures! He then put them on the site, showed me and then i think he had to show Creative too for their approval!!
It was the same with balmain hair extensions and fantasy tan, you just have to ring the company whos pictures you want to use and ask!

Hope that helps

xxxx:green:

Hi,
You have to own the rights to the photo's or have purchased useage rights. A friend of mine got caught out without it on his website and had to shut the whole thing down.
My photo's are from istock photo's who are very reasonable and have excellent professional photo's. Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos | iStockphoto.com

As for using product logo's. ect - just make sure the companies allow use.

Ahh....thanks guys thats really helpful!!

xx

I would sue your ass off if you used my pictures.

Why would you use pictures do demonstrate work that you could not achieve?

Sure, use pictures from a manufacturer (with their permission), but whats the point if you can't do the work yourself (and if you could, you would use your own pictures).

Why not demonstrate YOUR skills using YOUR PICTURES?

LOL carl ur so funny.... do u give anyone a break???
I must say your avatar thingy makes me feel a bit quizie (cant spell that word lol) and i have to scroll down and hide it when i read ur replies!!!:lol:

I think socialbutterfly means product pictures and not other peoples work - like the solar oil pic etc. Thats how i percieved the question any hows!!!

xxx

Yeh sorry, thats how i meant it. I wouldnt dare nick other peoples pictures of thier own work.
I will contact creative tho....great idea! Thankyou
x

Latest posts

Back