Let's see your tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got free samples from suntana, la tan, vita liberata and xen tan so far and not one charged me! Why do Nouvotan charge?

Don't know :(? Its £10 for 2 and there's three package options, 8&10,12&14, 16&20 x

I've contacted suntana,la, and xen and heard nothing back... How did u get their samples?xx

Nouvatan charge because they send out bigger bottles, I think they are 250ml (enough for 4/5 tans).

The free samples that companies send out are usually only 100ml (enough for 1/2 tans).

If you send an email to tanning companies saying you would like a sample and include your name & address a lot of them will send you a free 100ml sample.

With LA Tan I know you need to register first and then send them an email asking for which 2 percents you would like samples (they send 2 samples at a time) so choose 2 solutions & then email for another 2 samples if you like the solutions but want to try other percents out.
LA Tanning | Spray Tanning Solutions, Spray Tanning Machines, Spray Tanning Booths, Spray Tanning

Don't know :(? Its £10 for 2 and there's three package options, 8&10,12&14, 16&20 x

I've contacted suntana,la, and xen and heard nothing back... How did u get their samples?xx

I just emailed them all :)

Nouvatan charge because they send out bigger bottles, I think they are 250ml (enough for 4/5 tans).

The free samples that companies send out are usually only 100ml (enough for 1/2 tans).

If you send an email to tanning companies saying you would like a sample and include your name & address a lot of them will send you a free 100ml sample.

With LA Tan I know you need to register first and then send them an email asking for which 2 percents you would like samples (they send 2 samples at a time) so choose 2 solutions & then email for another 2 samples if you like the solutions but want to try other percents out.
LA Tanning | Spray Tanning Solutions, Spray Tanning Machines, Spray Tanning Booths, Spray Tanning

Nouvatan are 100ml aswell so would only do 2 tans per bottle. :(

I will try again but only managed to get samples from amber most and sunless xx

Oh I thought they were bigger samples. Not sure why I had that in my head then.
If you know you want to try Nouvatan for definate then you have 2 choices.
1) buy a pack of the samples from Nouvatan - any pack will tell you if you like the guide colour, smell, actual tan, fade off, if it lasts long enough etc...
2) ask a fellow Nouvatan Geek to send you a sample - I was lucky enough to get a free sample of 12% from a fellow tanner and a free sample of 20% when that came out too.

I sampled so many solutions when I first started out that I almost gave myself a headache. In the end I set up a blind trial where I got models and sprayed them but they didn't know what brand it was & they all filled out the same questionaire, after 2 weeks I returned and sprayed them again with a different solution, again they didn't know the brand. (I kept a note of who had what :wink2:) then I collected all the questionaires in and made my decission on what solution would best suit my clients from their feedback.

My joint first solutions were LA Tan & Nouvatan. I chose LA Tan because it was a little cheaper and some of my clients wanted dark tans which LA provided. I am happy my clients are happy but I still try out new solutions to the market every now and again to ensure I don't miss out on a better solution.

Ambermist might do free samples ladies. I use nouvatan 10.12 and 20 for rapid or dark tans xx

Nouvatan do charge but they give you a £10 voucher off first order so it doesn't seem as bad. The samples look like more mls as they are tall. Just received my samples this morning. Trialling it again!!! X

Our Samples are 2 x 100ml bottles, almost quarter of a litre, we do add a £10 off Voucher so when you order you get the price of the sample back,
Tanning companies have had to start charging for samples because of the increased cost of postage and to cover staff wages ect.
There is no such thing as a truly free sample as sombody has to pick up the costs. and we made the decision to charge for samples a few years ago so that we did nt have to increase our solution costs to existing customers in order to cover the costs of the samples we sent out.
It has also to weed out the true samplers from the sample Junkies, and those who collect samples from all companies and charge clients for spray tans using free samples :evil::evil:

Exotic Glow by spa products international

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370457442.266189.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370457442.266189.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 198
Quick question probs totally daft! When applying a small patch test with just a glove or similar to client do they get an accurate colour as if they have been sprayed?? As in can you use to test the colour aswell as any reaction for say brides new tanners? Done for a client tonight not sure they will come out accurate?!

Can't u choose which 2? I think they refund the money if you buy a bottle afterwards. I would try 10&12 if I was you. You'll love them. They are my most popular and I keep 20 now for my ladies that want a darker tan. X

Just to add that I've recently tried samples of LA and Suntana on myself and found that the Suntana guide took longer to show so I think I used more tan, also it felt tacky for ages after whereas Nouvatan is almost instantly dry and the guide is better. LA, I tried the fast tan and left it overnight, felt a bit orange and the fade off wasn't as good. Suntana fade off not as good as Nouvatan either.

Can't u choose which 2? I think they refund the money if you buy a bottle afterwards. I would try 10&12 if I was you. You'll love them. They are my most popular and I keep 20 now for my ladies that want a darker tan. X

I assume 12% would prob be my most popular so would like that but would prob want to try the dark ones also as my friend likes being dark.

I'm just on the fence just now coz I would have to buy two packs to check the medium and dark shades and then I'm spending £20 to give out free tans to trial.. I understand the reasoning behind the costs but I'm just a bit unsure right now as I would be trialling the tans on clients for free ( prob friends ) but it costing me money and time xx

Went onto la tan and their samples are £9.99 per 250ml bottle.. When registering you receive a free £10 off which can be redeemed against the sample size.. But it only contains one percentage x

Our Samples are 2 x 100ml bottles, almost quarter of a litre, we do add a £10 off Voucher so when you order you get the price of the sample back,
Tanning companies have had to start charging for samples because of the increased cost of postage and to cover staff wages ect.
There is no such thing as a truly free sample as sombody has to pick up the costs. and we made the decision to charge for samples a few years ago so that we did nt have to increase our solution costs to existing customers in order to cover the costs of the samples we sent out.
It has also to weed out the true samplers from the sample Junkies, and those who collect samples from all companies and charge clients for spray tans using free samples :evil::evil:

Hi steve, that makes sense as i can imagine loads of people charging full price for these tans. but its just so hard choosing which percentages and having to offer free tans to clients when it costs me money and time lol..

Can you suggest which percentage you would suggest trialling ? Also, the £10 off, is that only off the first order? As more than likely I will trial the 12&14 then want to trial the 16&20 so would I effectively get £20 off as I would have bought two sample packs seperately?x

Great thread! I'd love to see some Nouvatan pics if anyone has some please? (I haven't picked a brand yet but swayed towards Nouvatan from good reviews)

look at their facebook page loads of fab pics im now using its great and smells gorgeous x

Went onto la tan and their samples are £9.99 per 250ml bottle.. When registering you receive a free £10 off which can be redeemed against the sample size.. But it only contains one percentage x
Yes I kow there are larger sample bottles for sale but after registering if you send an email with your name & address requesting a sample in x% & x% then they will send you 100ml free samples. They only send 2 samples at a time, so request the 2 you feel will tell you if you will like the solution or not, then if you do like them and want to try others you can request 2 more.

Yes I kow there are larger sample bottles for sale but after registering if you send an email with your name & address requesting a sample in x% & x% then they will send you 100ml free samples. They only send 2 samples at a time, so request the 2 you feel will tell you if you will like the solution or not, then if you do like them and want to try others you can request 2 more.

Ahhh ok perfect I will do that then :) xx

Girls I'm using LA tan 10% And 12%.. I'm only using 1 coat, is this enough? Or does it need 2 coats? Also do you do 2 ,coats on legs? My partner sprayed me with 10% and turned out nice on arms and tummy but my legs look paler?????

i read that if you spray twice it can cause crocodile effect when wearing off also legs sometimes are paler if you have your legs waxed as it makes the skin thinner!!
cant u tell i have been on a course recently lol!! :)

Latest posts

Back