Letting people know you're going on holiday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachg

Reaction score
Hi geeks :)

Just looking for abit of advice... im going on holiday for 3 weeks in October my parents live in Australia and I go over quite a lot to see them. Last November when I went I got burgled... im sure it wasn't any of my clients but now im very wary of putting it on social media ect... but I don't want to loose clients because they were unaware of me going on hol. How do u think I should tackle this my regulars arnt a problem as I will just tell them when they come but its people that come every once in a while I don't know what to do about x

Why not say you are fully booked until xx date.

They only need to know you are unavailable, not that you are away x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

As above said just post that you're unavailable for appointments from xx to xx and sorry for any inconvenience. No one needs to know that you're leaving the country.

I would not put you are unavailable from x to x as some people may realise thats a holiday . Just put you are fully booked until -x date

x

The problem with just saying that you are fully booked or unavailable is that existing clients and potential new ones will still be expecting you to be avaliable to take calls. If your fully booked you would still be avaliable on the phone for at least some part of every day.
I would just tell existing clients that you are going away and that your best mate/sister/neice/insert imaginary person here, are really looking forward to spending the 3 weeks with their boyfriend or girlfriend living in your house ;-)
Whenever I go away I always have my brother and his girlfriend, or one of my friends live in at my house x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is there anyone who could monitor your Facebook and bookings whilst you're away? So if anyone does want to book in they can say that you don't have any appointments until such date (when you're back) this way it will look like you haven't gone anywhere to people you don't know xx

Getting facebook bookings or bookings through txt isn't actually a problem because ill have access to internet so can sort that... I think ill just try make sure all my regular clients are aware ill be away and for anyone enquiring that may be new ill just say im fully booked until when I arrive back rather than telling them im not there. I think your right though im going to make sure everyone who does know im going away thinks that someone will be house sitting... I do have cats so its believable :) thanks xx​

Latest posts

Back