Lifting advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi there

Just wondered if you could give me some tips on things I can do to prevent lifting in future?

Here is a quick breakdown of the procedure of my nail prep

file natural nail
push back cuticle and remove dead skin around this area
dehydrate the nail plate
scratch the surface of the nail

I've mastered lifting it to a point (mine used to lift terribly, but now it is about 10 - 14 days after when they start and if they do)

Many thanks for your help

Am a bit stalled and need some help here!!

LOL

Vicky xxxxxxxxxx:D

click on the blue prep link and it gives you a step by step on how to prepare the nail plate.
you need to ensure that your product isn't touching the surrounding skin etc.
hth's x

Correct me if I wrong but 10-14 days is pretty good. It could be a lot worse. It may just come down to your product application. :)

hey chick. what products are you using?

its not nescessary to 'scratch' the nail plate. it just needs the shine removing so that your getting rid of any 'surface debris' lol.

also, i buff before i dehydrate.

this is my prep...

Spray hands with sanitizer.
shape free edge.
'do' cuticles. ie get rid of all none living tissue.
buff over nails to remove shine.
get rid of any dust with a plush brush.
i think its at this point that creative people use the scrub fresh (???). I use sanitiser spray again and rub it over with a nail wipe just to make sure theres no traces of dust.

then your ready to tip and blend. once your all blended again make sure teres no dust. Im likely to wipe them over AGAIN with sanitiser spray. then a dab of primer. wait for the primer to go chalky then apply my product.

Charlene said:
Correct me if I wrong but 10-14 days is pretty good. It could be a lot worse. It may just come down to your product application. :)

generally my clients can go 3-4 weeks without lifting. yay for them. but it means they dont come to me so regularly lol. DAMMMIT! I am my own worst enemy lol.

Katelisa said:
generally my clients can go 3-4 weeks without lifting. yay for them. but it means they dont come to me so regularly lol. DAMMMIT! I am my own worst enemy lol.

I'm impressed that is great. I was trained to do a re-balance in 2-3 weeks (ideally 2) as leaving it any longer just creates more problems for you. But I guess we dont all get the clients returning in 2-3 weeks.

Personally I think it may be the product I am using. I think CND is much better but they didn't have a course near me at the time. Oh well, just have to keep learning won't i?

What product are you using?

Star Nails Performance L & P

Mm havnt heard of it. I am currently using Le Beauty and trialling this - maybe it is the product and we have the same problem. Might be best to trial a well known brand and compare the two.

Maybe you think you are removing all the non living tissue but there is still some on there? I use cuticle remover which really gets off loads - even if you couldnt see it in the first place! You need to remove the cuticle remover after with a mixture of citrusoak and water though or that can cause lifting too..... I dont know if these are available for everyone to buy or just Creative trained people? Im sure someone will be able to advise.... x

I also use CND Cuticle Remover and find it has reduced lifting to almost none (still get a little close to side wall though) You should be able to buy from CND if you have been trained and have a certificate. Call Leeds 0113 275 5719 or www.designernails.com although you can't buy from the web.

Latest posts

Back