Lifting around cuticles with Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallysally

Reaction score
Any advice why this is happening? My free edges stay on perfect but there is just a lift only on some nails on cuticle end?

I wonder is it something to do with colour going on where foundation has been missed or shrunk ?

Any ideas ??

If you are going over your cuticles with the polish by accident this could cause lifting.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think I have made myself clear,I am not going any where near the the cuticles as I am always very very neat around that area,I simply mentioned cuticles to make it clear which end of the nail bed I was experiencing lifting

What are you using? Have you got a pic?

I am using gelish ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392121515.969534.jpg

Not the best photo but it has been on a week and had started to lift on my forefinger!! I didn't wipe brush the foundation though?? Could this be why??

I have been doing nails for 15 years last 3 years have used shellac but this is my first experience with gelish so must be my application!!!! I have never experienced this before!!

I have used Gelish for yonks and have never had this.

As you've been doing nails so long I'm guessing your prep is perfect and there isn't any non living tissue on the nail plate and that your foundation layer is super super thin. I always dry brush so you could try that to make the foundation layer that bit thinner. Other than that I have no idea!!

I have used Gelish for yonks and have never had this.

As you've been doing nails so long I'm guessing your prep is perfect and there isn't any non living tissue on the nail plate and that your foundation layer is super super thin. I always dry brush so you could try that to make the foundation layer that bit thinner. Other than that I have no idea!!

Thanks...I didn't dry brush my foundation that's prob the problem,i think maybe the colour overlapped a minute minute amount maybe and caught nail with out foundation on?? Or maybe not dry brushing caused it???

I am guessing you are a gelish fan then!!

Xx

What cuticle remover are you using? Or are you doing dry cuticle work? Cold there be some product left on or not quite dry?

Thanks...I didn't dry brush my foundation that's prob the problem,i think maybe the colour overlapped a minute minute amount maybe and caught nail with out foundation on?? Or maybe not dry brushing caused it???

I am guessing you are a gelish fan then!!

Xx

I don't think it'd make a difference if you overlapped on bare nail minutely - I do that sometimes! :wink2: Try dry brushing when you next apply it and let us know if that fixed it.

I love Gelish, if I didn't have to have immaculate nails all the time I could easily get more than 3 weeks! I tried Shellac but I prefer the strength that Gelish adds.

Is there a reason why you're trying out Gelish rather than sticking to Shellac?

I don't think it'd make a difference if you overlapped on bare nail minutely - I do that sometimes! :wink2: Try dry brushing when you next apply it and let us know if that fixed it.

I love Gelish, if I didn't have to have immaculate nails all the time I could easily get more than 3 weeks! I tried Shellac but I prefer the strength that Gelish adds.

Is there a reason why you're trying out Gelish rather than sticking to Shellac?

The exact reasons you want to change...I prefer the staying power and strength of gelish!

Sorry I meant the exact reasons why I want to change not you!

I don't think dry brushing makes any difference.

What lamp are you using?

What lamp are you using?

It is very very important to dry brush, or sponge, or lint free wipe, or even bounty kitchen roll you need to remove that layer this helps the colour adhere better and gives it a better key so you must NOT skip this part

It is very very important to dry brush, or sponge, or lint free wipe, or even bounty kitchen roll you need to remove that layer this helps the colour adhere better and gives it a better key so you must NOT skip this part

Thanks... I am guessing this is the problem.......bounty kitchen roll? Do you use this as an alternative to lint free?

Sorry might sound stupid but what's dry brushing? New to this :(

I've been having the same problem on mine it starts to lift and I get my hair caught near the cuticle area it's so frustrating because its lasting so well near the free edge!

I don't think dry brushing makes a difference to the lifting problem. I was taught that it is important for the removal process.

I have forgotten to dry brush in the past and haven't noticed a difference tbh.

I've been having the same problem on mine it starts to lift and I get my hair caught near the cuticle area it's so frustrating because its lasting so well near the free edge!

Snap pamper! I got my hair caught too!!' Reminded me of back in the day when I had acrylics

Try ensuring that the product is thinner around the cuticle area so that it will not lift and chip. Try placing your brush in the middle of the nail plate and pushing back up to the cuticle with the excess on the brush. Hope that makes sense x

Latest posts

Back