lifting of acrylic and gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
Hi, i have tried in the past a few times to have acrylic and gel overlays on my natural nails but they lifted on the second day, i work wearing latex gloves, does this make lifting occur or is it just insufficient prep , any ideas:mad:

Are these applied by you or someone else?

If you could you take us through your prep routine and we can see if it may be that?

Which gel and acrylic products do you use?

yes these gloves can effect the enhancements if worn for long periods of time.

The nails are done by someone else not myself:rolleyes:

Although the gloves can affect the nails they shouldnt lift by the second day!!!

Are these applied by you or someone else?

If you could you take us through your prep routine and we can see if it may be that?

Which gel and acrylic products do you use?

Just been on to your website and looked at your gallery, very cool,

My prep routine is
cuticle work
dehydrate with acetone
any l&p or gel
then clear top coat
but still lift any ideas

Just been on to your website and looked at your gallery, very cool,

My prep routine is
cuticle work
dehydrate with acetone
any l&p or gel
then clear top coat
but still lift any ideas

Now I'm confused cos your last post said the nails were done by someone else not yourself? Is it me?

BTW the latex gloves will affect your nails if you wear them a lot, they will make your hands sweaty and moist. But not sure if it would cause lifting by second day.

In my experience i've found this is due to insufficient prep, leaving cuticle on the nail plate, debris, or application is too thick, or not pressing the product during application.

Take your pick!! :eek:

Sorry did not mean to put my prep, i meant theirs, but also this happens when i do my own nails, which is why i am confused and thought it could be the gloves:)

Thank you about your comments about my website hun xxx

If the prep routine you described is your nail tech, then I would look at the tutorial on here about perfect prep and you'll find it's much more than what you have suggested she did.

The gloves will make your hands hot & sweaty & if worn for long periods I guess it could have some effect. However, they should not come off the next day - if they are coming off so quickly, they were probably never 'on' properly in the first place.
It must be very frustrating hun, but check out the prep tutorial - I'm sure that will really help.
Also, be sure that the L&P is pushed onto the nail bed and not just 'painted on' ifykwim!

Many thanks for all the info, lets see what happens, i will let you know:hug:

Latest posts

Back