Lifting & what you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella_nails

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a new client come to me a few weeks ago wanting infills, she had gel overlays on. she usually gets her nails done by another local Bio tech but she was unavailable and the client wanted them doing, anyway....i was filing one of her nails as there was lifting, so i was filing to remove this and she turned round and said to me "my usual tech just glues that back down".
After hearing this i told her that every tech works in there own way....is this right to do that? but it put a seed of doubt in my mind, but when i trained we were told to file away any lifting.
What do all you gel users do? x

Well Im not a Bio tech, but I have never heard of this, and doubt very much she would have been trained to do this...You were right to file the lifting away hun..x

Hi Caz
I always file away lifting. I would never glue it down, it must look horrible.. I think she may glue down for quickness and I cant believe her customer keep returning as there natural nail must be is some nick with the glue...

Well Im not a Bio tech, but I have never heard of this, and doubt very much she would have been trained to do this...You were right to file the lifting away hun..x

Thanks hun. I do feel like abit funny when clients question what im doing or why i do something in a certain way, i get a feeling that im not good enough to do what im doing. x

Thanks hun. I do feel like abit funny when clients question what im doing or why i do something in a certain way, i get a feeling that im not good enough to do what im doing. x
Well you seem to know a lot more than your counterpart does, or at least work more professionally, and you acted professionally as well you didn't put her normal tech down.
Like Tracy Say's tho god knows what her nails will be like, and the likelihood of infection is a lot greater, whether its laziness or ignorance...
Lets hope the client becomes your regular in future...:hug:

Hi, I am recently Bio trained and can say that Bio most certainly do not teach you to glue back any lifting, it is gently buffed as you so correctly did. I think Bio would be quite displeased to think that someone was working in this way, very strange and messy looking i would have thought !? Not wishing to discredit another tech's work though, so maybe the client was confused ? who knows !

You did right to file the lifting away, gluing it back down could lead to all sorts of nastiness on their nail plate. it amazes me how some clients think they know best, but then again, they are often misinformed by a tech who is taking shortcuts or the easy way out.

Just remember hun, you are the professional and in a situation like that put your science tech hat on and tell her what could happen if you were to glue it down, and I am sure she will respect your knowledge and qualifications. :hug:

You did right to file the lifting away, gluing it back down could lead to all sorts of nastiness on their nail plate. it amazes me how some clients think they know best, but then again, they are often misinformed by a tech who is taking shortcuts or the easy way out.

Just remember hun, you are the professional and in a situation like that put your science tech hat on and tell her what could happen if you were to glue it down, and I am sure she will respect your knowledge and qualifications. :hug:

Thanks hun, i like that saying....put your science tech hat on. i will have to remember this, lol. x

Latest posts

Back