Lint free polish pads?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsbigknoxy

Reaction score
Are there any "lint-free" nail pads that are truly "lint-free"? I am sooo frustrated with my Hands-Down pads that claim to be "lint-free". I am FOREVER picking out lint from my Shellac base coat and sometimes even my 1st coat of color! I am sooo IRRITATED!!! Can some one please help me? What do you use? I even considered using my fingers instead of what I have been using, kidding :). GRRR

Interesting you post this..this was the topic at the salon today! I would love to read some good advice on this topic also. We laugh that hands down packages not say "virtually lint free" :)

Salon system Lint free wipes are the closest to lint free I have tried. And I've tried most of them!! X

Bio sculpture wipes are truly lint free. Best thing I have come across for absolutely zero fibre loss

I always use the Gauze pads or Hands Down Pads. I don't find either of them particularly linty. Used gauze pads for my whole career and Hands Down for many years.

I've tried those thin paper things and I hate them and the feel of them and the fact that there is really nothing to get hold of to grab onto.

There are some spongy ones from somewhere, but even they can break up into tiny bits when scrubbing with them on a nail surface and tend to be a bit runny, exposing the skin unnecessarily to the drying effects of acetone and alcohol and other solvents.

I love the protection that Hands Down give my skin and nails and Can put up with the odd piece of lint if I see it on rare occasions. I'm not sure anything is truly lint free ... All these things are made of fibres, but I rarely have a problem; certainly nothing that drives me crazy! :biggrin:

I find wax strips cut in to squares works quite well! hth

I like the OPI Expert Touch nail wipes, hth

I haven't found any lint free pads that truly are. I've been using Bounty paper towels. Now, those ARE truly lint free. HTH. :)

Yep good quality kitchen roll. Never fails. And much cheaper!

I use gauze squares. They are truly lint free.

Where can you get gauze pads in the UK? I am also sick of trying different "lint free" pads that still have loads of bits coming off them. I suppose with all the gel polishes we are all doing this has become much more of an irritation.

I use gauze pads and I get mine.from s2 :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

I haven't found any lint free pads that truly are. I've been using Bounty paper towels. Now, those ARE truly lint free. HTH. :)

I've just had a chuckle, I thought you ment bounty chocolate wrappers, thought thats strange, DOHHH.............:biggrin:

suuch an interesting thread as im actually thinking the same thing, gauze pads as in the ones you can get from a chemist??? like for healing wounds??? will definately try bounty also, and gauze pads

i actually had been also buying my nail saver wrap the stretch bandage that stops my nails getting ruined when applying and taking off others nails and seen the same stuff in the pound shop...gutted but i bought loads lol,

Thank you every one! I will try all of your suggestions.

I used the Bounty paper towels yesterday and the were sooo much better! But, I'm hoping to use something a little more professional, no offense. I will gladly settle on paper towels if that is the only thing that will make my picky self happy.

Thanks again!

Are there any "lint-free" nail pads that are truly "lint-free"? I am sooo frustrated with my Hands-Down pads that claim to be "lint-free". I am FOREVER picking out lint from my Shellac base coat and sometimes even my 1st coat of color! I am sooo IRRITATED!!! Can some one please help me? What do you use? I even considered using my fingers instead of what I have been using, kidding :). GRRR
Are you referring to the Hands Down Ultra pads for protecting your own nails? if so, I too do not believe they are lint free, but have no problem with the Hands down Nail wipe. No lint there.

Calgel recommend '100% Cotton Bands by Miss Webril' which although not lint free, do a damn good job without all the lint bits.

I second the gauze pads from s2. They work fine. x

Thank you every one! I will try all of your suggestions.

I used the Bounty paper towels yesterday and the were sooo much better! But, I'm hoping to use something a little more professional, no offense. I will gladly settle on paper towels if that is the only thing that will make my picky self happy.

Thanks again!

If u have a spare 5 mins cut some up into squares and put in a container. Looks better than just grabbing a piece and ripping bits off!

I totally agree. No one needs to know you are using cut up paper towels. Honestly, they work better than anything else I've used and I've tons of different products.

I totally agree. No one needs to know you are using cut up paper towels. Honestly, they work better than anything else I've used and I've tons of different products.

I second that. I purchased a paper cutter for 10 dollars and been using cut paper towels since. I love love paper towels.

Latest posts

Back