Lip fillers - how much roughly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHELSEAHARVEY

Reaction score
I had a consultaion today to have fillers in my lips as i have no top lip it is so thin & when i smile it dissapears..

They are going to put a bit of filler in areas around my top lip following the lines of my lip & maybe a little bit in the lip as well

I was quoted £220

I thought this was alot seeing as im not having a lot put in. I was expecting around the £150-£170 mark

Those that do fillers or anyone that has had it done what sort of price should i be looking at.....

I'm sure it can depend on whether they use anaesthetic aswell Hun I got quoted 160 for mine though so it does sound a bit steep hope this helps x

We have a Dr who comes to the salon to do this and he charges £199 per area and this filler has anesthetic in it so it kind of numbs the area at the same time!! they are a North West based company tho so maybe prices are higher down south !!

Not sure if it's the same as face fillers, but my husband just had filler in his cheek this week and it was £400 for 2 syringes! It may be that it's only 1 syringe but that have to throw it away after?? Maybe I'm not sure
X

In having it done next month and was also quoted 220 x

We are talking about an invasive injectable procedure which demands skill and medical knowledge - this is not the kind of thing whereby cheapest is best! There are many threads on here from nail tecs etc complaining about cheap treatments etc (and rightly so), however when it comes to injectable medical cosmetic treatments I am always amazed at how individuals are prepared to go for the 'best deal'.

The price you have been quoted is actually very good. By no means expensive given the procedure, skill involved and cost of consumables. Two syringes of filler in cheeks for £400 is incredibly cheap, too cheap I feel. I do not feel the need to lower my prices to this level, never have and never will.

More importantly, look at the qualifications of the person injecting you - are they medically qualified? How long have they been injecting? What medical experience do they have? These questions are far more pertinent. I hope it all goes well for you and you get the look you wish to achieve.

Fillers are costly and i charge by the syringe rather than the area.
If you want your lips doing and use a whole syringe you are taking around 200- 240 pound and believe me that is cheap. Anyone charging less than this i would questing what they are using and where they got it from.
I use juvederm which has local aneasthetic in it but i also use local cream as well but doesnt add any more to the price. Do your research and shop around if your getting cheap id avoid like the plague!!

fillers are charged per syringe as they are sealed and sterile.

lips fillers can range from a syrine containing 0.5ml up to others containing a full 1ml.

some contain anaesthetic which costs more, some nurses may do dental block to keep the cost of the syringe down.

The longer you want the filler to last the more you can expect to pay for it. this can be any where from £160 up to £275. The nearer London you get the more expensive they can get, also some doctors will charge more if they inject instead of a nurse.

Prior to having any treatment always check the qualification and insurance of the practitioner anyone that won't show their certificates has something to hide.

I am having Juvederm lip filler done at my house tonight by a fellow Geek (im in London) and am TERRIFIED!!! Had it done once before at Transform 18 months ago and was so painful!

Hi there, I'm having lip fillers in my home tonight by a fellow Geek using Juvederm and I am SO SCARED!!!!

I had them once before about 18 months ago at Transform. Anyway, I was wondering how long before I'll look 'normal' as I have a big date tomorrow night and I have work in the morning! I don't know if having it done on a week night was my best idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with other geeks it depends on what brand of filler whether a dental block is being used etc etc. however these syringes are very expensive and cannot be used on another person. I have lowered my prices as low as I can go but I don't have overheads any more so the price you have been quoted is very fair.

Recently if anyone remembers the Brazilian girl who died on the news as she was having bathroom silicone injected into her bottom? You can't go too cheap on medical procedures :)

Hi, the cost of the filler is often quite a lot and can vary depending on the brand. I like to use Emervel rather than juvederm or restylane if the client can afford it. Its my Rolls Royce product and is truelly a 'what you see is what you get' product. There is no swelling or inflammation afterwards and the way I do it there is minimal pain or discomfort. (Local anaesthesia is one of my signature dishes).

Ask you practitioner to put in a dental block for you and ask what brand of filler they are using.

Good luck

Hi there, I'm having lip fillers in my home tonight by a fellow Geek using Juvederm and I am SO SCARED!!!!

I had them once before about 18 months ago at Transform. Anyway, I was wondering how long before I'll look 'normal' as I have a big date tomorrow night and I have work in the morning! I don't know if having it done on a week night was my best idea!

Depending on the filler being used you may have to avoid date night. Most fillers cause swelling and inflammation for up to a couple of days. Ask the person to use Emervel. Its brilliant and painless compared to the rest.

Also it feels more natural.

Good luck :)

(Local anaesthesia is one of my signature dishes). Most experienced medical practitioners use local anaesthesia - it is not unique.
Ask the person to use Emervel. Its brilliant and painless compared to the rest. I am sorry, I really disagree with this in my experience. I think rather a bold statement for a medic to make and extremely misleading.
Good luck

I have made the above points in the interests of fairness, and because I simply do not agree. However the OP question was last year and so I think maybe she has already had the procedure. Be interested to know how she got on.

I have made the above points in the interests of fairness, and because I simply do not agree. However the OP question was last year and so I think maybe she has already had the procedure. Be interested to know how she got on.

Hi,

Your points are very valid and I agree that it is not for everyone, which is why I have a selection of fillers to hand. I gave my opinion stating that those who experience pain with juverderm will experience less pain with emervel due to the different nature of the compound. This is also true vice versa. I also agree it is a bold statement to make regardless of whether I am a medic as every patient is different and will react differently. I have years of experience with Juverderma and restylane (amongst other), but about 6 months with emervel. So you are right, I should clarify in the last six months I have not had cases of inflammation with emervel in the lip.

Ps - I not in any way affiliated with any product line and have no financial incentive.

:)

Also regarding the local anaesthesia. I am aware of many who dont use it - in fact probably the majority according to the last survey with BACD.
I have become somewhat skilled in being able to perform a nerve block with minimal discomfort and most importantly smaller volume of local anaesthetic due to the accuracy. This is due to my plastic surgery training and the fact that I perform over 100 each week (I am sad I know :) ). Thus reducing risk of anaesthetic toxicity.

Also regarding the local anaesthesia. I am aware of many who dont use it - in fact probably the majority according to the last survey with BACD.
I have become somewhat skilled in being able to perform a nerve block with minimal discomfort and most importantly smaller volume of local anaesthetic due to the accuracy. This is due to my plastic surgery training and the fact that I perform over 100 each week (I am sad I know :) ). Thus reducing risk of anaesthetic toxicity.

I have become somewhat skilled in being able to perform a nerve block with minimal discomfort and most importantly smaller volume of local anaesthetic due to the accuracy. :)

I would have hoped that is something which as practitioners we all do. :confused:

I would also argue in regards to the types of filler used (I only ever use both FDA & CE approved fillers - particularly in light of the PIP scandal, although I have trialed Emervel (I was one of the practitioners involved in the trials) - that really the inflammatory response and injection related discomfort can be attributed to the injector, and not necessarily the product.

I think to make the point that Emervel is "brilliant and painless compared to the rest" on a public forum is just wrong! I did not dislike Emervel, I just do not agree that with this filler the risk of inflammation and pain is any less than for instance with Juvederm. There are many variables to consider in my opinion. It is always interesting to discuss differing viewpoints though.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Hi, the cost of the filler is often quite a lot and can vary depending on the brand. I like to use Emervel rather than juvederm or restylane if the client can afford it. Its my Rolls Royce product and is truelly a 'what you see is what you get' product. There is no swelling or inflammation afterwards and the way I do it there is minimal pain or discomfort. (Local anaesthesia is one of my signature dishes).

Ask you practitioner to put in a dental block for you and ask what brand of filler they are using.

Good luck

Nice points but what a load of sales talk..... Signature dish may work on your lovies....but...

Never want a dental block when lips are being done x

Latest posts

Back