Listen to this for a messer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louie6

Reaction score
Thought you'd all love this one:eek:
Long story short,I don't get on with my sister and after a huge argument (all her) we haven't spoken in 18 months,now obviously she knows that I have qualified as a technician,through my mum and other family members and I have steadfastly refused to have anything to do with her,for numerous reason's,but now my home salon is up and running of course she wants to be buddies,ain't happening,nope not one bit,she'll trample over all me again,so not happening.Anyway she has somehow managed to find my website,not my facebook as I've blocked her,but it's easy enough to find me on the intenet:confused:

This week she was around my mothers and was asking my mother about Shellac,my mother not fully understanding how it works or what it entails couldn't give her much info,other than the fact that it is only available to professionals and not the public,well my sister,and listen to this lol
Phoned her that evening and said ''well She (being me) is lying,I've bought Shellac on Ebay'' :eek:
My mum ''Well what did you buy?''
Her, ''4 colours and a uv lamp''
mum ''how much did that cost?''
her ''150 quid for the lot'' More like 170 I reckon:eek:
my mum ''well that can't be right,that can't be the full system,what lamp is it?''
her ''a uv lamp cost me 70 quid,shes a liar''
My mum confused told her fine and left it at that.
So of course mum is round mine tonight having a french shellac,when she starts quizzing me,about the shellac system,me suspicious,asks her why all the questions,when she tells me about the above:mad: I almost blew my top.Bear in mind my sister has never had any interest in nails whatsoever and has never been to a nail technician:mad: So I explain to my mum nicely that my sister had better not contact me when she finds her shellac isn't working,as it turns out,she hasn't bought base coat,top coat,scrub fresh,d-sperse or anything other than the colour and some sort of uv lamp,Mum thinks she's already had it delivered as well,would have loved to have been there to see that one,wonder if she's wondering why her shellac isn't curing:lol: Mum did ask me if shellac would ''go off like polish on it's own'';) Ah bless,she really doesn't listen to me at all on times:hug: Had to explain to her that no shellac does not ''go off like polish''
Now I fully trust my mum and know she would not instruct my sister on how to do a right job,in fear of upsetting me,bless her,I've put a warning in my mums ear,that she's better inform my un-informed sister that she'd better not start trying to set herself up as a ''magic nail technician with no qualifications or education'' ortherwise a certain hound from hell will make her life miserable,thankgod she lives nowhere near me:rolleyes: This happen to anyone else or just me?

To be quite honest, if you haven't spoken to your sister in 18months and you dont intend to in the future, I would avoid talking about her altogether with your mum. Apart from making it awkward for her, why are you bothered what your sister does? We all know that without the proper products Shellac will not work to its full potential. Let your sister get on with her £170 worth of 'possibly fake' products and you continue with your business.
xx

ohh thats an awful shame, its terrible to see families not getting on, must put a lot of stress on your wee mum too being caught up in the middle?

maybe re what your sister has puchased you should just try and focus on what you're doing and doing a professional job and not be distracted by people trying to wind you up?

Thanks guys :) My mum bless her is never caught up in the middle,not from my end anyway,I leave well alone and never have any discussions as to my sister,as I do not want to cause my mum any distress or heartache,this was brought up by my mum randomly,I think she wanted to clarify in her mind what my sister is doing is wrong,I'm certainly not interested in what she gets up,totally up to her,I'm leaving her to her ''possibly fake products'' My business is doing relatively well and I'm concentrating on making a success of it.I thinks there's a bit of green eyed monster going on,I refuse to get tangled up in it,and don't want my parents getting tangled up in it either,glad that we are well away from each other,so as not to cause problems for me nor my budding little enterprise lol

Hello
My sis is not talking to me either and she keeps asking my mum who train through and how much it cost me to set up lol just ignore and continue to make a success good luck with it xx

I too think it's a shame. Maybe I'm just too sensitive but I would have called my sister a long time ago to make things up. My boyfriend tells me I'm too nice to people that will s**t on me lol. I think some of it comes from the fact I nearly lost my sister when I was 14 and now she's moved countries I would have felt terrible if we didn't speak.

At the same time I really wouldn't want anyone using fleabay products and unqualified too so would do everything in my power to stop them...

Maybe one day she will appologise and you two will be the best of friends.

Glad your career is going well! x

I too think its a real shame u cant put things behind u. I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers I get on better with some than others but would never not speak to any of them. Life is very short and was what u argued about really that important xxx

It's prob best you just ignore this as your Sister is wanting a reaction, a reaction your not going to give. You just get on with what you love best, and take no notice of her. It takes a long time to be a good nail tech with qualifications. She may not have brought the kit, just saying it as she knows it will get back to you, which is unfair to use your Mum like that. I would just let it go in one ear and out the other, and carry on about your business. I have friends and family who are like this with me, it did annoy me, but now I just laugh. Obvious they look up to us and anyone tha goes through this rubbish. (((hugs)))

Its sounds to me that she has just done it to spite you. Over 100 pounds just to annoy you and make a point. That is so pathetic. Let her get on with it. She will soon loose interest. Why not tell someone that will get back to your sister that you are booking a realy expensive holiday... see if all of a sudden, her holiday is booked too haha. Hopefuly in years to come you will be able to look back and laugh at it all but for the mean time, just ignore it.xxx

Latest posts

Back