Live XXL

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty_girl

Reaction score
Just popped over from nails and have just seen Little Mix's new video for 'how ya doing' and it features live xxl boxes in the video. Have any of you seen it?. Must be very popular but a nightmare for hairdresser's

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek

gods, that stuff should be burned with fire! shame on them xxx

Heey,
To me this looks photo shopped ! Is it just me??
Had a client ask me for it. Shes currently purple xxl I've told her i cant promise anything and will be doing a strand test/incompatibility test. to check colour and for salts.
But even if i did magically lift it all out, Is it red is it pink? What colour is it!?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367879438.948930.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367879438.948930.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 441
Heey,
To me this looks photo shopped ! Is it just me??
Had a client ask me for it. Shes currently purple xxl I've told her i cant promise anything and will be doing a strand test/incompatibility test. to check colour and for salts.
But even if i did magically lift it all out, Is it red is it pink? What colour is it!?

If this is the Semi red one - i had to use it on my daughter as my car broke down and i couldnt get to sallys (sainsburys sell it near me). I hate using box stuff but it was actually pretty good as a one off, although i wouldnt use the perm colours. It came out like a pillar box red, my daugters hair was already pre lightened and coloured with Elumen RR@all ( i just top off with a semi every couple of weeks).

Just to note that if this is indeed the semi one, it looks like the same package.

gods, that stuff should be burned with fire! shame on them xxx

Not that I use it, or intent to use it but out of interest, why is it really bad?

Not that I use it, or intent to use it but out of interest, why is it really bad?

My guess as someone who has yet to see the horrors/mistakes people make with home colour is that general public just do not understand what they can/cant and shouldn't do with their hair, i have see some real bad attempts at colour correction. Im not yet qualified but i have seen some bad ones.

People + chemicals = bad (mostly lol)

Xxl's have higher chance's of metallic salts, the colours are configured differently to pro colours, but although the colours stay vibrant it's because the colour molecules are different to other colour and as such are a nightmare to remove, that is, if it can be removed without the hair melting like a hair removal cream was applied.

I actually want to smack people when I see them looking at it in supermarkets. Xoxo

My guess as someone who has yet to see the horrors/mistakes people make with home colour is that general public just do not understand what they can/cant and shouldn't do with their hair, i have see some real bad attempts at colour correction. Im not yet qualified but i have seen some bad ones.

People + chemicals = bad (mostly lol)

Agreed. Colour is a dangerous and highly hazardous product and shouldn't be in the hands of people who haven't a clue. I'm sure with you still training will understand how much of your course is just health and safety on colours and chemicals, and probably agree that it's worth every monute. X

Xxl's have higher chance's of metallic salts, the colours are configured differently to pro colours, but although the colours stay vibrant it's because the colour molecules are different to other colour and as such are a nightmare to remove, that is, if it can be removed without the hair melting like a hair removal cream was applied.

I actually want to smack people when I see them looking at it in supermarkets. Xoxo

Ah. Not good!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I used to use all sorts of box dyes when I was younger, if I could go back, I'd never use them! :( I didn't realize what they were like. My hair is all different colours now lol like a peacock or something! x

Tomme, do you know if you can use deposit and lift colours on top of them? (If theres no reaction)
Like majicontrast, as i know you cant on pre lightened but haven't most of them got some kind of bleach in? X

Not a hair geek but just so you know which colour shes after to replicate professionally, the pic on the box is pinker than what shes sent u, her camera has made it quite dark. You can See it on Google xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Tomme, do you know if you can use deposit and lift colours on top of them? (If theres no reaction)
Like majicontrast, as i know you cant on pre lightened but haven't most of them got some kind of bleach in? X

Strand test. It all depends on the colour used

Not a hair geek but just so you know which colour shes after to replicate professionally, the pic on the box is pinker than what shes sent u, her camera has made it quite dark. You can See it on Google xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thankyou very much ! :) xx

Strand test. It all depends on the colour used

Sorry i put earlier a purple xxl thats all i know.
Yes going to strand test but wasn't sure if its something that cant be done on top of another lift and deposit colour x

If this is the Semi red one - i had to use it on my daughter as my car broke down and i couldnt get to sallys (sainsburys sell it near me). I hate using box stuff but it was actually pretty good as a one off, although i wouldnt use the perm colours. It came out like a pillar box red, my daugters hair was already pre lightened and coloured with Elumen RR@all ( i just top off with a semi every couple of weeks).

Just to note that if this is indeed the semi one, it looks like the same package.

Thanks for your reply yes she was planning on just putting this on and i told her it wouldnt touch it as its a semi! X

Update *
Strands tests went surprisingly well. Going for magenta with 30vol in chunky foils and an all over golden base 4 to neutralise purple (with a good cut) xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368052000.453828.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368052000.453828.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 107
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368052036.818823.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368052036.818823.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 116
Looks like it went well :) Did you use the Magenta Live semi in the end?

Looks like it went well :) Did you use the Magenta Live semi in the end?

Oh no Magenta is a highlift red by L'Oreal so going to use that!
Veered her away from the pinky it was too unrealistic lol x

Latest posts

Back