Livid, need to vent, sorry.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zoe - No I did not Google the story, never heard of it before.

KittyKat -I think you make some valid points. It is tempting to act in the heat of the moment, a wait and see policy may be worth considering...

i hate seeing litle kids playing on there own outside ...i live on a mega mega quiet cul de sac and i dont even let my 5 yr old play out with out me watching her .. even if her 10 yr old brother is there i cant trust him to watch her for all he would things happen and you only need to turn your eyes a minute and something horrid can happen
however on my streeet theres some that let the kids just play some as young as 2 with no one watching em at all , i cant bear it and it got to the point i was like the street bluumin baby sitter i was out watching mine so everyone sent their kids out for me to flamin watch .. i dont mind a bit but it took the pee , everyone else relaxing in their gardens or pools and i am out watching about 8 kids , lol
needless to say i dont do it now lol

It's so sad that there are children out there that have mummies who just don't care!! She didn't evaluate the situation to see if it was safe...she simply didn't care. Why were his fingers not being treated? They were obviously newly injured, the risk of infection was so high. he should have had a dressing on!! Should have been brought to A&E to have it treated.

I have an 8 year old and a 4 year old, almost 5. They are with me all the time. They are not allowed to go anywhere alone. My daughter who is 8, isn't even allowed to go to the park across the road from us on her own, or with her friends. They are in bed by 7.30. If they hurt themselves, I treat their injuries. They do not get even close to the cooker to burn their hands. If they did...A&E straight away. Because I care about them, and LOVE them. I keep them safe.

I think well done you for telling her what a scumbag she is. xx

Thanks for all your replys. I've calmed down a lot now and I think I will moniter the situation for a bit before I decide what to do.

My own boys are 6 & 12 and I have two step sons aged 10 & 12. There is no way on gods green earth I would have let them out to play without me watching them when they where 5, they are not even allowed out now. My 12 yr old only goes out without me when he gets the school bus as there is no way to get both boys to school on time now that my oldiest is in secondary school, the schools are 6 miles apart and miles from where we live. So I had no choice but to let him take himself to school, I got him a mobile and he has to ring me when he gets to school so I know it got in ok.

IMHO 5 is far to young to be out even if there was other children with him. People will make excuses for thier lack of parenting but it really does not carry any weight will me. I am mental health problem, have no family/friend network to help me and I have a major problem with my spine but I cope. Even in my deepiest depression, I always looked after my children without any one to support me. I was on my own with my oldiest boy after I left my ex and at one point was homeless.

These parents just don't care about thier children or thier childrens safety and turn on the water works to get out of being responible loving parents.

Anyway, thanks for your replys, nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks that 1, a 5 year old should be being supervised by an adult and 2, that burnt fingers like that should have a dressing on.

With parents like this, it's no wonder the youth of today are feral.

Sam xx

Latest posts

Back