Local Licence for airbrush bodyart?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh

Reaction score
Just a quick one; does anyone know if I need a licence of any type to operate a small airbrush bodyart stall at local fetes etc?

I am assuming that you DO if you do it on the local promenade but what about a private function I wonder?

Kids party, church fete, school sports day etc etc. The situation seems a little confused.

Thanks for any advice.

ps ... oh, the same goes for nails I guess.

In case it's helpful: I have just spoke to my local licensing office who say that unless I am doing it on a street corner or within a designated local market then a licence is not required.

The subject of car boot sales came up but they seemed to think that as long as the market itself is registered then I need not worry about offering a service, just as if I was selling stuff.

Okay ........... so .......... IF (a big if but an if nevertheless) I apply bodyart at a car boot sale, summer fete, shool sports, church fete or at a private kids party for instance, and something goes wrong, do I need extra insurance ??

Hope all that makes sense.

In these days of litigation (great word) need I worry about even more insurance etc.?

I'm not paranoid - but there is no harm in being prepared :)

Get public liabilty, check it is not included in with your beauty insurance
Ruth

When I added airbrush art to my leaflet I rang my insurance company and told them and they said it was fine and no it didn't cost me extra. If you're thinking of extra income then I would sugest you also see if you can get set up at your local night club just inside the door, so you can get them while they are waiting to pay. Simple stuff like chinese carictors go down well and stick to one colour. Goes down realy well with the students.

Latest posts

Back