Log cabin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just in the process of doing something like this myself in my garden

I have been tanning for 14 months just got married so now have more money available as I'm not saving hard for the wedding

I'm going for a 20x10 size shouldn't be to big & I'm separating the areas so a beauty/treatment room/tanning area & waiting area

I'm doing mine out shabby chic

Can't wait the base for it is going down the week after next.

It is a lot of money a big outlay mine is prob going to cost finished in the region of £5000 but I looked at a room that was £400 a month & makes sense to do this & I have the room in my garden

I have considered this myself in the past, but I currently work out of my conservatory. After looking into the cabins, I realised it would cost such a lot to ensure it was fully insulated. It gets cold enough in my conservatory in winter despite having celsius 1 glass for the roof (best insulation possible) and a radiator, and a convector heater. It's no good if clients feel cold. I'm not saying it can't work, but you couldn't just buy the cheapest one going, I think you would need all the add ons (as someone previously stated with double glazing for instance)

Often my clients need to use the bathroom, so then they would have to go in the house anyway which kind of defeated the object. I do the Universal Contour wrap and don't like the idea of them wrapped in a towel nipping in the house to use the loo!

Also, does anyone have an idea of costs for water to be plumbed in? Again, this is quite essential. I don't have a sink in my conservatory, but it's straight off the kitchen so it's no problem.

I think it is a lovely dream to have, but when I thought of it properly, the cons out weighed the pros. I have had loads of ideas from a mobile beauty van, to buying a premises, to renting a room, and I tried mobile (gets exhausting lugging tables in and out!) but have decided to be content with my little set up I have. All the best with whatever you decide.

I'm just in the process of doing something like this myself in my garden

I have been tanning for 14 months just got married so now have more money available as I'm not saving hard for the wedding

I'm going for a 20x10 size shouldn't be to big & I'm separating the areas so a beauty/treatment room/tanning area & waiting area

I'm doing mine out shabby chic

Can't wait the base for it is going down the week after next.

It is a lot of money a big outlay mine is prob going to cost finished in the region of £5000 but I looked at a room that was £400 a month & makes sense to do this & I have the room in my garden

Where did you get your cabin from, I'm looking for one similar sizing but they're all coming in over £10k

Hi I see this is an old thread so not sure what you decided? I'm near you and it's the best thing I have done. I was mobile then had a salon and now garden treatment room, and it's the best thing I've ever done!

Ill upload a pic and I have 8 dogs!!!! Garden is kept impeccably clean, I also have an outside loo built behind my cabin if you want to come and have a look you are welcome.
Ill upload some pics x

Log cabin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 482
More log cabin pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 482
That looks lovely! Im currently looking
For a cabin :)

More log cabin pics

Wow! It looks fab Hun! At the moment I'm trying to save a deposit to buy somewhere and trying to build up a client base in the mean time! It'll never work whilst I live at home, I need to get myself a home and bring my business to it! Your cabin looks fab though! Looks less like a cabin salon and more like a shop! Gorgeous! Xx

More log cabin pics

Looks fabulous

How do you find it for heating especially in the winter?

and for storage (temp ) Eg gel polish and spray tan ?

thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back