Looks like little white spots underneath eye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baby11

Reaction score
I dont know if you can help me, just recently I have noticed little white spots underneath my eyes. They might have been there before but I haven't noticed until now. You can't tell there, there by looking at my but it's when I look close into a mirror I can see them. Skin doesn't look as smooth there as I would like it. Just wondering what they are and how I can get rid of them.

I use an eye cream everyday, mostly layering a eye serum and an eye cream on top.

PS. Years ago I got white spots near my eye, which you could see but I havent had this in years. Also what does this mean please?

Thanks

this could poss be milia? are the spots raised above the skin?

Kinda raised, look more like little bumps. I've had whiteheads before, which you can definitely see and it doesnt look like that.

yeh sounds like milia, normally they start off quiet small, then get larger over time. you cant really extract these yourself. the best way is to visit a therapist who can extract them out for you with a sterile needle. they may bleed slightly, but should disapear! you say you put quite a lot of creams under your eye? but you dont need to put much cream on at all as the skin is very delicate and thin. so maybe cut back on the amount of creams and serums you use!

I've got them but some are milia and some are fatty deposits which I don't know if can be removed or not.

Horrible things though!

I didnt think I used that much eye creams, just about a size of grain of rice that I used for both eyes. I used to use a lot around the eye area as I thought a tony bit wouldnt do anything but I have learnt since then :)

Do I still use too much? Is there anyway I can prevent them from coming back or to stop them front getting worse?

yeh less is more with eye creams! do you use an exfoliator? sometimes it pays to use a very gentle exfoliator, to remove all the dead skins cells this would prevent milia from forming

Oh yeah I exfoliate, I am good when it comes to skin care. I get eczema as well sometimes and find keeping my skin smooth and dead skin at bay helps.

sonds like miia but whitish lumps can sometimes be due to high cholesterol maybe have it checked.

Will do, thanks for your advice :)

Have it checked with your doctor as it could be signs of high cholesterol. My dad has these and they started under the eye and have now got bigger. Don't exfoliate under your eyes. Fine lines will appear much quicker as you will be thinning out the skin.
If it is millia then regular steaming can help here xxx

If they are milia you can alternatively gently masage them regularly and they will dissipate.

What is the rest of your skin like? They are mre common with people with dry kin so you would do well by visiting a salon a get help finding a new skincare routine.

I used to use too much eyecream and had the same problem.....they went after I left the cream alone for a while and now use really sparingly x
(Admittedly at one point I had so much on my head felt heavy lmao.....I just don't like wrinkles...silly sod x)

The rest of my skin is good as I like looking after it. If it's getting try and I know my moisturise isn't work I use a richer one but like you said I dont use it around my eyes as that is what eye cream is for.

I am seeing my Doc Thurs anyway so I will mention it to her. What do they do to test for high cholesterol?

I am using such a tiny amount of eye cream now :)

How often should I steam my face as I try to do a home facial every week if I can.

You can just have a finger prick test to give a rough reading but for a proper reading you have to fast for so many hours and have a blood test.

Oh right, well like I said I am going there on Thurs so I'll let you all know what happens.

Thanks again

Hey hun. From reading your post, I agree with other who say you may be using too much eye cream. Because the skin around the eyes is so thin and delicate, too much cream can cause a build up and possibly result in the white spots that you mention. There isn't any need to use 2 products around the eye. Use one very sparingly and you should hopefully see a reduction in the spots.
You also mnetion that you have eczema. Milia around the eyes are common with people who have dry skin. Find a good dry skin eye product that'snot too heavy and you should see a difference.
HTH:hug:

So your saying stick with one eye cream at a time? I thought you could put a serum on first and an eye cream?

Forgot to say, even though I am using a tiny bit of eye cream and maybe cutting down to one type will I still be keeping the lines at bay etc?

For some people, using 2 products around the eye area can be too much. If you're using a good product, then it should still help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

xxxxx

Latest posts

Back