L'Oreal Majirouge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
after having dark hair base 4 (previously coloured roots every 3 weeks with a dark brown colour) with red slices I decided to colour my hair all over red. I am a hairdresser dont panic!!

So I used Majicontrast in magenta and used 6% vol, came up a lovely shade, im never bothered as long as its a red shade!!

Anyway I have white hair on my parting its very white more than 50% elsewhere i do have white/grey now but not as bad as the parting!

So I now have to get a red shade similar to cover the white, after using Wella for years have decided to try Loreal Majirouge and Majirel.

So I havent yet been to the wholesalers to choose my root colour, Im going tomo with a friend to match up if possible to a similar colour.

Ive done my homework as best I can into understanding the way Loreals colour system works.

If I use majirouge I will need to add a golden base of a ?/3 the corresponding base shade 1/2 and 1/2.

Can anyone give any suggestions as to what shade? Ive heard 6.66 is nice, anyone that uses Majirouge with any clients with more than 50% white hair?

Your not meant to use that on scalp, it's off scalp only! 6/60 is nice over white

You can't use maji contrast on scalp! It's off scalp only and says this on the information!

6/60 is nice on white

Yes I think it seems I shouldnt have done it all over, but its done now, oops :eek: in future ill only ever use it in foils.

Would you say Id need to refresh the rest of my hair with the shade to match it up, if I use 6.60 and 6.3 equal parts and 6% on my roots as they are white, then mix separately just the 6.60 to refresh with water?

Why use 6/3? 6/60 covers white, then maybe refresh ends with dia light? X

Im new to start using Loreal colours, Ive got to go to the wholesalers tomo.

Is 6.60 on its own a very bright red? As what im looking for is a bright red colour to kinda match in with the majicontrast that ive got on it at the moment.

6.60 covers more than 50% white?

Ive just looked online it does look like a gorgeous red for def, just not sure about mixing with something else as I did read up on loreals colours and im sure that with Majirouge it said white hair more than 50% you had to add equal parts of a golden base shade i.e 6.3 with the 6.60, and if was 0-50% white then you add 1/4 of the golden base shade with the target shade.

Hey hun look on the shade chart if it says dm5 on it it covers grey on its own if it says rubilane it's an intense shade x

6.60 is rubilane and dm5 x

Bonus then!! thats great it'll cover my white parting. roots need doing pretty soon, now should i just refresh the ends mixing it with water? as it had faded a bit but as i have previously used majicontrast i dont want anymore damage.

It's best to use a semi/Demi on ends

6.60 is rubilane and dm5 x

just to clarify is this majirel or majirouge?? I havent a loreal shade chart as yet, ive just decided to switch to using loreal after years of using Wella

It's best to use a semi/Demi on ends

Yes i was thinking as much, i dont wanna torture my barnet anymore I just want nice long red hair!!

I don't ever use loreal, so don't know the maji's. Can you tell me why it's off scalp only please? Thank you! X

I don't ever use loreal, so don't know the maji's. Can you tell me why it's off scalp only please? Thank you! X

Basically it's a red bleach kinda like highlift buy red, it's highly pigmented and lots of ammonia to lift through colour x

Basically it's a red bleach kinda like highlift buy red, it's highly pigmented and lots of ammonia to lift through colour x

Ah I see like magma x

Hi everyone sorry to jump on someone else's post but I currently use a xp100 and the reds are all quite coppery so I'd like a red like the majerel 6.60 dm5 can I use this on the scalp? And if not does it lift tint or just natural?

Latest posts

Back