Lori Nestore wax spatulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
I have just bought lori's new DVD and she uses her big spatulas to apply wax to the legs etc then cleans them, so they are not double dipped.

What does everyone think of this method for hygiene? Could I clean them them pop them into sterisure?

I have tried PhD and the ps wax systems but I just don't like them, I still prefer the spatula and pot method. And despite it not being expensive I don't really want to chuck a lot of wooden spatulas away all the time. Although I would continue to do this for bikini and underarm etc.

I bought one of these spatulas a while ago and I like it.

We used these on her course and they're brilliant. Does the video show you how to clean them? Speak to Joe90 on here, as she's the UK distributor.

We used these on her course and they're brilliant. Does the video show you how to clean them? Speak to Joe90 on here, as she's the UK distributor.

I haven't watched the whole video yet to see how she cleans them, but I love the spatula!

What does anyone else think of this method for hygiene??

When training with Lori, she uses several of the large spatula's for the treatment. For example she may only use 3 or 4 for a half leg wax. The used spatula's are put into a pot containing cleaning fluid. At the end of the service they are cleaned off.

Nice and simple and nice and clean ready for your next client. So if you are worried about double dipping for doing a treatment that requires the large spatula then you will need to purchase some more of them via jo90 on here.

Hope that helps.

Hi MaisyMouse,

Not a lot that I can add really to what DNX and Dawn have already said, apart from the following:

When Lori used the large spatula she makes sure that the wax is only on one side of the spatula, the side you are not using should have as little wax on as possible. Scrape off all the wax on your working side onto the body part and spread, again so there is hardly any wax residue on this side also. The spatulas then going into Lori's product called "wax off" which she puts into an empty receptacle of some kind (make sure it isn't see through though), you don't want your client to see spatulas in cleaner.
At the end of the service, the spatulas are wiped free of cleaning solution and then wiped with a solution like hibitane and then placed in barbicide.

Joe90 if you are the distributer do you have a website, where can I see the products as im looking for a different wax for strip waxing thx

Hi Reanna,

We do, it is www.berodinwax.co.uk

You are not too far away from me in Cheshire, if you want to come over one day, please let me know. You can then have a "play around" with the wax.

At the moment we offer one hard wax (non strip), one soft wax (strip) and something new and exciting due out very very soon.

Hi Reanna,

We do, it is www.berodinwax.co.uk

You are not too far away from me in Cheshire, if you want to come over one day, please let me know. You can then have a "play around" with the wax.

At the moment we offer one hard wax (non strip), one soft wax (strip) and something new and exciting due out very very soon.

That's great thanks ill pm you

I have a couple of the big spatulas and I really like them but before I order more is sanitising or disinfecting them I between clients enough??

I've tried with these and don't get on with them I think it depends on the wax you are using I think they work ok with Creme wax but not honey type wax you need to off load the wax which I don't do and if you off load very fluid wax with such a big spatula it runs every where and can feel very hot,unless you are very quick they are not for the beginner.Imsure they work very well with Berins they worked well for me with bebeau which is similar.

Yes the big plastic spatulas are for creme wax.
If you use honey wax then you need a big metal spatula :biggrin:

I use cream wax anyway and they work well with it :biggrin:I don't like honey wax.

They were very easy to use and get used to - and I'm a beginner. It's a wipe and scrape action, which is naturally quick.

I have a couple of the big spatulas and I really like them but before I order more is sanitising or disinfecting them I between clients enough??

I'm still wondering if this is enough to clean them between clients as they can't be sterilised as they are plastic?:lol:

You can absolutely sterilise them.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

With a mundo disinfectant I woul imagine. Clean with wax remover/oil drybspray and pop in a uv cabi if you have one thats how I do mine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

With a mundo disinfectant I woul imagine. Clean with wax remover/oil drybspray and pop in a uv cabi if you have one thats how I do mine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

or however you sterilise your other metal implements. I wipe with cleaner, use hibitane, and pop into barbicide.

Yes the big plastic spatulas are for creme wax.
If you use honey wax then you need a big metal spatula :biggrin:

I have been having a play around with our new, non cream wax today with a big spatula and it works beautifully, although the wax is very fluid.

That will only disinfect and sanitise not sterilise, you can't sterilise them in an autoclave (what I do with my metal implements) as they will melt.

What I would like to know is disinfecting enough between clients?

Latest posts

Back