Lose or Gain...Why??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which are you trying to do??

• Lose Weight

Votes: 398 77.3%
  • Gain Weight

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • I'm fine

Votes: 102 19.8%

• Total voters
Im very very overweight and unfortunately seem to eat when im down and depressed. Have decided to tackle my weight problem now! as im hoping that this will help with my health probls.I have been yo yoing for years now and there comes a time in your life when you have to try and take control a bit and help yourself . I think I have been waiting for a bit of a miracle cure!!
Will probably join a class as i have so much weight to lose (approx 7-8 stone) Any tips or advice about my journey ahead greatfully received!
:hug:

Well, this is not a new poll, but then again this is not a new subject. All my life I've been on and off diets... Right now I'm at a point where I need to lose about 15kgs. I am saying "I need to" not only because I know I will feel better, but also because this is what the doctor ordered, since my back is a mess and less weight would help a lot... Can't seem to get there, though...:cry:

Well it's no secret I used to weigh 403 lbs...I WAS MISERABLE!!! I just found out today that have lost more weight, last month I was 344 lbs, today I am 337!!! How excited am I??? :biggrin: quote]

WOW! Well done you!

I have 4 stone to lose to get within my healthy weight range. Ive tried every diet under the sun and never suceeded in losing any more that a few lbs. I always have really unrealistic goals like wanting to lose all four excess stones in time for some event in too little a time frame. Ive found that Ive lost quite a bit over the last couple of weeks without even thinking, its been because I have been so busy running around organising a wedding that without realising it I have had more exercise than normal and Ive been kept busy rather than finding myself eating because i have been sat infront of the tv (or computer since I discovered geeking) bored. I have now resolved to make small healthy changes each day and I will eventually get there.

im 5ft tall and use to weigh 8 stone,met my hubby now weigh 10 stone and i must say i am ALOT happier now then thin....think it was because as soon as i looked at food i gain also i was soooo worried about putting weight on that when i thought i did i got depressed....now i eat what i want and im not depressed..:green:

I can't believe my eyes!! I have grown up with that same issue, people thinking I had an eating disorder.. Its funny actually seeing other people have the same issues I have, because I have never met anyone that does!!

I was a size 3 and 5'9" in highschool, which is yes, very skinny, but I couldn't help it, I ate more than any of the girls in my class.. I was made fun of, alot, and had a hard time finding pants long enough which caused more picking!! Now I'm 23 135lbs 5'9" and people still think I wear a size 1.. I wear a size 8..

I truly get sick of peoples first comments to me, "Girl you need to eat." You need to put on some pounds." My uncle everytime I see him he says something like that.. So I tell him that I think he needs to quit eating, he's not horribly overweight, I do it to prove a point to him. Sounds bad, but Louise has a good point, I have never seen a person go right up to someone seiously overweight and say that they need to lose weight.. Some people don't think that skinny people need an ego boost, but I do..

I'm always striving to gain weight.. But I'm not really an unhealhty eater.. A lot of my issues have to do with an ex that was mentally abusive and would fight with me during dinner and upset me to the point of not being able to eat, when I was 19 I went from 135 to 110 because of that.. Then he would say, "What are you going to go make yourself puke now?" :cry:It was hell..

I try to be happy with my weight, but I always feel like I'm too skinny and need to gain more weight, and its not easy for me.. But I have a Fiance who loves me, and could give a **** less, so I'm set!! :wink2:

Whatever your issue is, wanting more or less.. Be healthy, and take care of yourself!!

I am dieting the hard way.....just dont put food in your mouth!! LOL
Sounds harsh...i eat one meal a day in the evening, usually steak and salad and just drink water, and I am losing about 1lb a day.

My mom has always said that to lose weight you can't starve yourself, and that I might have such a hard time gaining because I eat as if I'm dieting.. I eat my normal meals but also snack a little during the day, nothing real unhealthy though.. She says when you let yourself go hungry it weakens your mitabolism, for when you actually need it.. I would research a healthier diet for yourself..

Well ... I'm ok with my weight but I lost loads of weight accidently. It all started in December '07 when I caught food poisoning, I lost half a stone, then I got my tongue pierced (don't try this at home or anywhere else ~ only joking I love my tongue) and lost even more weight. I was 17 stone las November and now I am 12 stone. I have changed my wardrobe that's why I don't mind losing weight :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back