Losing Toenails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxclairexx

Reaction score
Hi, I have a friend who I minxed back in May, she is now on her third set, after the first set she lost her big toe nail, and I put it down to maybe her banging it or something, tho she said she didn't, so I built her a nail and minxed her again, I saw her last night and she has lost one of her smaller nails, completely!!! She asked if it could be the Minx, now I said no obviously as I have so many people wearing it and are very happy with it, but it does seem strange to start loosing nails, they were perfectly healthy looking nails and she is on no medication so what could cause this, It did not look to have been ripped. I am reluctant to keep minxing her in case she looses any more, could have any allergy or something???. Any one have any ideas. :confused:

Thanks, Claire x

Hi, I have a friend who I minxed back in May, she is now on her third set, after the first set she lost her big toe nail, and I put it down to maybe her banging it or something, tho she said she didn't, so I built her a nail and minxed her again, I saw her last night and she has lost one of her smaller nails, completely!!! She asked if it could be the Minx, now I said no obviously as I have so many people wearing it and are very happy with it, but it does seem strange to start loosing nails, they were perfectly healthy looking nails and she is on no medication so what could cause this, It did not look to have been ripped. I am reluctant to keep minxing her in case she looses any more, could have any allergy or something???. Any one have any ideas. :confused:

Thanks, Claire x

This does not have any of the signs of allergy. An unhappy coincidence I would say and you are plucking at straws ... I think she should visit a dermatologist or a podiatrist to find out the cause.

What i have found is that those who have their toes done (minx or gel overlays) love them so much that they don't want to spoil them so they don't clip/trim their toes as often as they should...they just leave them and they grow too long.....this length then causes pressure in their shoes and this can make their toe nails (mostly the big toe nails) come off.....often going black first.

This may or may not be the case with your client but still worth a thought.

I always tell my toe nail clients that they must still have their toe nails cut as they normally would...they are not designed to last forever...they are a temporary cover only.

What i have found is that those who have their toes done (minx or gel overlays) love them so much that they don't want to spoil them so they don't clip/trim their toes as often as they should...they just leave them and they grow too long.....this length then causes pressure in their shoes and this can make their toe nails (mostly the big toe nails) come off.....often going black first.

This may or may not be the case with your client but still worth a thought.

I always tell my toe nail clients that they must still have their toe nails cut as they normally would...they are not designed to last forever...they are a temporary cover only.

Very good and true point, Angie ... and I am one of those culprits and have lost little toenails in the past because of it.

I don't seem to feel the pressure on my little toenails the same as on my big toenails, which hurt if they press against my shoes so I'm more aware of those.

Thank you both for your replys I'll be seeing her later and will have a look at her toe nails to see if the length could be causing her problems, It may just be a total coincidence but I just wanted to check to put my mind at rest, Id hate to think I had caused it.

Claire x

Hi Claire, I had the same thing happen to me the other week, a girl I had Minxed lost a toe nail completely, not gone black or anything, she joked it was the Minx!! I just thought how could it be!! Maybe it's some Cambridge Fen like problem????lolxx

Lol, that may explain it I thought her toes were slightly webbed, ha ha... No she is lovely and she said do you think it was the Minx, I said Noooooo never and now she is just gutted she doesn't have a toe nail to minx so I might have to build her another one.

See you tomorrow faye, Cant wait.

Cx

Latest posts

Back