loving the Indestructable French MANICURE

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
after doing l&p for years i have really been pushing myself to overcome my fear of gel (mainly due to the very different technique).
i have a couple of clients that are wearing gels..without the french (not confident enough..yet!)
anyway decided to try a " indestructible french manicure" on my own short nails and i absolutely love it!
i was able to concentrate on the french (using the white gel paint) without having to worry (yet) about apex's as my nails are very short. this has really given me the confidence to convert a few clients asap over to brisa. with
my clients that are already wearing gel i have been able to build a slight apex without too much fiddling around..suddenly the technique has clicked, i'm so excited!
for me now french polish is obsolete..IFM is perfect for those clients with short natural nails..not to mention teaming it with brisa toes..(double the money!):)
now i just have to get around to doing my other hand:lol:

congratulations MEL
I haven,t had the confidence yet to try gel. I might give it a go in a little while.hopefully It won,t be too hard.

after doing l&p for years i have really been pushing myself to overcome my fear of gel (mainly due to the very different technique).
i have a couple of clients that are wearing gels..without the french (not confident enough..yet!)
anyway decided to try a " indestructible french manicure" on my own short nails and i absolutely love it!
i was able to concentrate on the french (using the white gel paint) without having to worry (yet) about apex's as my nails are very short. this has really given me the confidence to convert a few clients asap over to brisa. with
my clients that are already wearing gel i have been able to build a slight apex without too much fiddling around..suddenly the technique has clicked, i'm so excited!
for me now french polish is obsolete..IFM is perfect for those clients with short natural nails..not to mention teaming it with brisa toes..(double the money!):)
now i just have to get around to doing my other hand:lol:

Well done! Isn't it a lovely feeling when you grasp something, and you know from the results you have done it correctly. I'm so pleased for you chick, onwards and upward for you! oooh and why dont you put some pics up? that would be ace x x x

congratulations MEL
I haven,t had the confidence yet to try gel. I might give it a go in a little while.hopefully It won,t be too hard.
start off baby steps like i did and on easy going clients..or even better family members:lol: if i can do it..anyone can:)

Well done! Isn't it a lovely feeling when you grasp something, and you know from the results you have done it correctly. I'm so pleased for you chick, onwards and upward for you! oooh and why dont you put some pics up? that would be ace x x x
:lol: i knew someone would ask for pics..next day or two..promise! xox

start off baby steps like i did and on easy going clients..or even better family members:lol: if i can do it..anyone can:)

:lol: i knew someone would ask for pics..next day or two..promise! xox
ooh dont promise me, i'll hold you to it lmao

HURRAY!!! its so nice when u finally know what your doing insted of just knowing how i hate that though one side looks good and u just dont always have the time for the other.... good luck

Hi MJ

Well done, Gel is so different to L&P - It was giving me the sweats there for a while :)

I found a neighbour willing to let me practice what I wanted as long as, if it was crap I'd take it off. Ta Da !..... no removals to date.

I find gel much friendlier in spring / summer as opposed to winter, it moves so nice with a little warmth.

ATB

XX J XX

well done, gel and l&p are two very different applications aren't they? I learnt gel first then l&p, I still think gel is the easier of the two to master. Looking forward to seeing your pics!

How does the application of both systems differ?

L&P is a big brush, and you dip in monomer, then in powder to create a ball on the end of the brush. You 'pat' it down onto the nail. It stays where you put it and doesn't move. BUT it cures while it's sitting on the nail, so you gotta boogie a bit, and can't fart around too long with your smiles when doing french's as they'll cure/harden on you.

With gel, it's a "premix" I guess, for lack of a better way of explaining it at this hour... lol
You use a small, flat square brush, and ' float' the brush, pushing and pulling and sometimes 'teasing' it into place, you can't pat it or you'll get bubbles. BUT you have plenty of time to correct your smile in french's because it doesn't do anything until you put it under the light
BUT it does tend to move on it's own, as most are levelling gels to some degree (most, not all)

Check out the tutorials, to see more on the subject.
They are VERY different mediums to work with and require different brush techniques.

hth's

thanks for your replies:hug: tried to add a attachment to this post but its too large..and I'm not very computer literate,lol. BUT i have put it in my gallery..hope you can find it easily..just did it today. my index needed a bit more of a smile and my thumb's smile is a little wiggly..and check out my leuchonykia! I'm sure i spelt that wrong but according to spell checker it doesn't exist!

I do both and found they are different in applications, but just wondered what you all found the differences to be, thanks so much Victoria!

Mel had a look at your picture and they look wonderful, I'm glad I've found this thread as I have a question lol.
I have a client coming next week for a French manicure, she loves the look and has quite long nails herself , but doesn't like wearing enhancements, so I was thinking about using my brisa pow instead of enamel I was wondering if you would do it the same as toes or would you need to build the apex up ??
If this works out I might add it to my menu if so how much roughly would you all charge?

cheers geeks xxx

Mel had a look at your picture and they look wonderful, I'm glad I've found this thread as I have a question lol.
I have a client coming next week for a French manicure, she loves the look and has quite long nails herself , but doesn't like wearing enhancements, so I was thinking about using my brisa pow instead of enamel I was wondering if you would do it the same as toes or would you need to build the apex up ??
If this works out I might add it to my menu if so how much roughly would you all charge?

cheers geeks xxx

If there is not much length you may get away with out building up an apex, if there is a fair bit of length i would build in an apex.

Make sure you cap the free edge really well to avoid chipping.

I never ever use polish anymore i find french gel nno's easy ....but im polish a phobic !!!

For this servce (a natural nail overlay) i would charge £25.

hth

amb x

I do both and found they are different in applications, but just wondered what you all found the differences to be, thanks so much Victoria!

:lol: that's what I thought, that you did both, so I was a bit thrown by the question and wasn't sure what answer you were looking for :lol:

:hug:

Latest posts

Back