Low white blood cell count

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
hi went for a blood test due to me feeling tired a lot etc and having blood like rashes well test has found i have a low white blood cell count got to go back in 4 weeks to see if there still if so further test im well worried now has any one had this before and did it go away can it just happen for no reason im worrying lol any one had similar experiance x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

Hiya....I know it's so hard not to worry like mad when it comes to medical things but the best thing to do is chat to your GP, they know your history and indeed what could be contributing factors. Everyone is so different and I know I'm a terrible one for googling things and then nearly being sick with my self diagnosis!!

Don't spend the next 4 weeks in a worry, get down to your doctors and ask them to advise and support.

You'll be absolutely fine lovely xxx

Ah you can get stuff like this if you've had virus or cold and flu or being bit run down. I know people who have had similar issues and been fine. Try not to worry too much as am sure if doc was worried they wouldn't be leaving you 4 weeks. Like the other Geek says thou if you are very worried make a doc apt, take any questions you may have and they can hopefully reassure you xx

Hi I know I bit about blood jue to having leukemia in 2011 ,your white cell have all your nutrofills ( immune system ) ,did you tell doctor your diet ect,could have a factor :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

My younger sister has hereditary spherocytosis which is severe anaemia , she gets really ill if she's run down she's had loads of hospital visits from the age of three she's twelve now , don't worry I know it's not easy to not think about it but try not to panic , we all tend to think the worst with medical issues Xx

Hiya....I know it's so hard not to worry like mad when it comes to medical things but the best thing to do is chat to your GP, they know your history and indeed what could be contributing factors. Everyone is so different and I know I'm a terrible one for googling things and then nearly being sick with my self diagnosis!!

Don't spend the next 4 weeks in a worry, get down to your doctors and ask them to advise and support.

You'll be absolutely fine lovely xxx

i know thats what i did i didnt really ask the doctor many queszions as didnt think to much of it but googled it when i came home and then i was worrying i might book back in with the doctor but im trying to put it to the back of my mind but thankyou all for your advice xx

If there is one thing I have learned to my cost it is that Google is not your friend medically. One Google of loss of appetite 3 years ago has led me to to health anxiety that's ruling my life. I would go back to your doctor and talk to him as the chances are he will put your mind at rest. It's routine to check again with unusual blood results and I'd hazard a guess if he had any concerns of anything more serious he probably wouldn't have decided to wait a month on another test. That's just my thoughts of course. Xxx

I've had a low white cell count before and found out it was some medication I was on was causing it so once my dose was altered it was all fine. Could also be that you've had a virus or something.

I had a very low white blood cell count when I was pregnant with twins, it sorted itself out within a couple of weeks :)

I had a very low white blood cell count when I was pregnant with twins, it sorted itself out within a couple of weeks :)

ahh ok hopefully that will be me :) x

not pregnant with twins though haha just it sorting its self out x

Don't worry. There are different types of white blood cells and if your doctor is happy to repeat bloods in 4 weeks it's unlikely that he/she considers it serious. I have consistently low white blood cell count for 14 years since having glandular fever as a teenager. Take an immune supplement (Vitabiotics are good) and you'll be grand, no worries :)

Latest posts

Back