Lowlights on bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately some people are taking WAY too much offence to being told their information is incorrect.

You've just been corrected a few times on what you've posted and you get so defensive!

I do not get defensive at all. I don't mind being correct at all after all that's what this site is for. But when your know you're right and someone is telling otherwise. Is annoying...

But as they said what works for me may not work for you.
Some people get 100% coverage on grey with over 80% I don't so doesn't mean it's wrong. I was just passing the information that I know. Always was taught to mix base when covering over 50%-70%. If it's not true oh well...

So basically when someone points out a different way (ie the using 7.1 saga) you are arguing because YOU know YOU are right because YOU were taught something else.

You jumped on a geek for 'not being a hairdresser' and 3 geeks pointed out that infact you were incorrect.

Then you get defensive!

So basically when someone points out a different way (ie the using 7.1 saga) you are arguing because YOU know YOU are right because YOU were taught something else.

You jumped on a geek for 'not being a hairdresser' and 3 geeks pointed out that infact you were incorrect.

Then you get defensive!

So I was incorrect of adding base on 7.1 to cover grey? Ok as someone said what works for you may not work for everyone.

Anyway. Let's just forget it. ;)

Goldwell lowlites in the colorance range is lovely for adding some dimension if you want to break up h/l & comes in 2 shades a 7/8 which is quite subtle or a 6/7 for more contrast & has in built pre-pig so really easy to use and a little bit goes a long way. I have found it holds quite well too. Needs to be mixed with the cover plus Colorance lotion.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

It's mostly women and only 4 weeks in a cycle so could be everyone's time of the month ? lol 😂😃

:biggrin: This made me giggle

That would imply I have feelings and emotion eeeeek!

How will adding special mix make it hold better?

Because it does Hun your pre pigging the hair by adding it I to your tint is a easier way if your using low lights not an all over colour if I was doing a global tint then yes I would use perfecton then straight over with ct
But for a low light it's obvs more easier to add it to your mix x

Because it does Hun your pre pigging the hair by adding it I to your tint is a easier way if your using low lights not an all over colour if I was doing a global tint then yes I would use perfecton then straight over with ct
But for a low light it's obvs more easier to add it to your mix x

That i understand, that it's easier. I don't understand how it stops it from fading though. It's just like mixing 2 quasis together? That doesn't prevent fading? X

I'm not sure from the wella point of view but in L'Oreal is called colour matching I think, and you can use it for darkening a certain amount of levels anything over that is pre pig.

I just thought it was for ensuring the correct tone and depth, not affecting the durability.

That would imply I have feelings and emotion eeeeek!

Be afraid CG be very afraid :eek: :D

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

I'm not sure from the wella point of view but in L'Oreal is called colour matching I think, and you can use it for darkening a certain amount of levels anything over that is pre pig.

I just thought it was for ensuring the correct tone and depth, not affecting the durability.

Wella have something called a pigment lock and ct colour filling but it's completely different to adding mix tone to your colour. I'll PM you.

Wella have something called a pigment lock and ct colour filling but it's completely different to adding mix tone to your colour. I'll PM you.

Trust me cams97 by adding special
Mix into your tint is one of wellas recommendations of pre pig!
Special mixes are completely different from a quasi it's not like mixing a quasi with a quasi at all Hun x

Trust me cams97 by adding special
Mix into your tint is one of wellas recommendations of pre pig!
Special mixes are completely different from a quasi it's not like mixing a quasi with a quasi at all Hun x

I don't doubt you. I just want to know why it's different, how is special mix different from quasi? X

I don't doubt you. I just want to know why it's different, how is special mix different from quasi? X

Simple because it's pure tone/pigment?! That's why they only recommend adding few cm.

Simple because it's pure tone/pigment?! That's why they only recommend adding few cm.

But how does it being pure tone stop it from fading? How are the molecules in special mix different from colour touch itself?

I have done colours where I've put mix colours in instead of pre pigging first and it looks fab on the day but in my experience the colour has faded afterwards, if I do it the way I was trained by pre pigging first then applying the target shade using a semi or Demi it does last a lot better

I have done colours where I've put mix colours in instead of pre pigging first and it looks fab on the day but in my experience the colour has faded afterwards, if I do it the way I was trained by pre pigging first then applying the target shade using a semi or Demi it does last a lot better

Yeah I understand this because using a temporary colour like perfecton, the big molecules go into the cortex and fill in gaps that bleaching has made, ready for the next colour whether it be permanent or quasi.

Was you not trained in your level 3 to do it both ways then? I also find it holds better with using perfecton as it fills ect but for a low light this is the best and easiest way x

No all brands recommend it I think it's a Wella thing and Loreal is to put extra tint in your mix (8.34 etc)

Was you not trained in your level 3 to do it both ways then? I also find it holds better with using perfecton as it fills ect but for a low light this is the best and easiest way x

I do both ways. Not saying one ways wrong if that's what anyone think haha! Just find adding mixtone doesn't effect durability for me x

Latest posts

Back