Loyalty cards? Good ar bad??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
As i am fairly new to all this i wanted to ask for your opinions on something.

As i'm now a mobile tech i have been thinking of ways to attract people and keep them coming. I wondered about doing a type of loyalty card, that every time you have some nail treatment of any kind you get a stamp in your card. Then when you've had 5 treatments, (infills, manicures, rebalance etc) you get 20% off of your next treatment.

Where i live in the south east a couple of salons in my area do similar things with loyalty points when you keep up maintenence etc, so wondered what you all thought on it.

Is it too tacky? I've asked the few loyal clients i already have who think it's quite a good idea, (well they would as they are regular already so will benefit.) but will everyone else?

Appreciatte thoughts or ideas, cheerz:biggrin: :biggrin:

hi
i think this can be a good plan
but i would give them a gift rather than a discount
something they may love and want to buy after they finish the product
maybe a hand lotion or even a foot product to get them interested in pedis maybe
its something tangible to take away too!
wrap it up pretty and they will love you

I think 5 treatments then 20% off is a reasonable offer.
I used to go to a beauty salon where they stamped the card after every treatment, but it took 15 stamps to get a free treatment. I was going for waxing every month so was over a year before you benefited and that was only if you didnt loose the card (silly me)

You will probably be best to keep track of the points each client has gained, maybe on their record card?

Thanks for your replies so far, both of them are great ideas, must admit i did consider cuticle oil and cream as a gift option or reduction in price. Given me stuff to think about, cheerz guys.:D

Hi

A salon near me did loyalty cards, but they had a card that held about 10 treatments and then your spend was added up and they gave their clients 10% to spend on procucts only not off services.

If you think about it some clients can be a bit unfair and use their 20% off on a high price like a new set ect. I think to record spend then the clients that spend more get the benefit.

JMO.................HTH............

Look after the pennies and the pounds will grow....................

talented talons said:
As i am fairly new to all this i wanted to ask for your opinions on something.

As i'm now a mobile tech i have been thinking of ways to attract people and keep them coming. I wondered about doing a type of loyalty card, that every time you have some nail treatment of any kind you get a stamp in your card. Then when you've had 5 treatments, (infills, manicures, rebalance etc) you get 20% off of your next treatment.

Where i live in the south east a couple of salons in my area do similar things with loyalty points when you keep up maintenence etc, so wondered what you all thought on it.

Is it too tacky? I've asked the few loyal clients i already have who think it's quite a good idea, (well they would as they are regular already so will benefit.) but will everyone else?

Appreciatte thoughts or ideas, cheerz:biggrin: :biggrin:

I do a loyalty card scheme, if a 'loyal' customer introduces a new customer, or after 7 treatments (they must have their book stamped though!) they can choose from either free nail upto £5.00, a free hand and arm massage or 10% off their next treatment.

It's clear for them to see though that only 1 - 10% can be used at 1 time, and that they can't build up their 10%'s to get more off in 1 go (if you get what I mean??!!??) :eek:

I'm confusing myself now.

Just with the nail art (a couple of daisies or diamondy things) or hand & arm massage, there is no real outlay and your client feels valued and pampered...always good for business.

Also for them to have a 'Loyalty card' makes them feel like a priority customer too! Again...good for business.

HTH

Jenny x

Five treatments and then 20% is WAY too generous!!

I would want someone in my chair for at least 10 treatments before I thought any loyalty was shown in my opinion!!

And as you may know, I never discount!!! Discount is a Dirty word for a professional to use I think.
Give a bonus treatment or a gift but never a discount! ugh!

I thought long and hard about ways of rewarding my loyal customers - I thought about how many of them come to me based on my prices etc rather than my service and I decided that most of them came to me because of my service so giving them a discount (sorry Geeg LOL) would not actually make them come or not come.

I then thought of giving a gift but what could I give - do I give them the things that I can't sell LOL - No. I decided at the end of the day, the one thing I want and encourage all of my clients to use is SolarOil - so like lots of others I give a free dinkie with every first full set and after 10 treatments I give them a next size SolarOil.

I have my record cards printed in such a way that every 10th appointment is highlighted, I don't need to worry about stamping cards etc.

I also reward referrals by offering varnishing or nail art as a freebie when the referred customer has been.

I know it is very difficult when you are first starting out to get the clients in but don't give too much away as they will come to expect it and then how loyal do you think they will be when new salon opens down the road doing sets for £12.50 LOL.

Thanks guys for all the input. Certainly given me tons to think about. Thanks Geeg for your advice i see what you mean about discounts. I liked what natural nails said thats certainly worth considering. I must admit i did think of a gift or doing nail art oa something like that.

I keep forgetting you can't sell yourself short or down price yourself as i realize it's only you that misses out not the client.

Cheerz,:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back