Lycon wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, just wanted your opinions on Lycon, is it the best product out there ? What do you recommend and why? Do I really need the Lycon heater ?

I think to use Lycon you have to train with them so for that reason I'm out.Perron rigot has a wax for everyone.I use euro blonde hot wax because it's what I know best.For strip wax I use hive honey roller wax I like the honey waxes with no added extras like tea tree,or colourings as you never know what people are allergic to.
Most good companies will send you samples.
You won't need specific heaters most companies just brand the usual same heaters.

I've used Lycon for 5 years and love it :) I can't compare to others as I haven't used them personally but it is fab. I'd say if you are going to do it I'd personally get the heater...I do quite a bit of waxing and still using my original one so was worth the money. Just think if you had any problems you'll know it's not because it's not in the right heater plus I think it looks better to clients to have the branded one but that's just me. They are very strict with accounts but once you have one it's a positive :)

Totally agree with Gillian re honey wax too x

Hi. I have been using lycon in the salon I work at for the last 6 years, and perron rigot at home for the last 3 years
I can honestly say that I HATE lycon. In comparison to perron rigot the two can't compare. Lycon setting up or working time can be very tricky to work with ie; your clients body temperature, temperature of the room can all effect how the wax sets, it has a very specific aplication process needing thicker edges to remove it. Perron rigot goes on thinner and set quickly whilst importantly remaining PLIABLE, lycon does NOT and on many occasions has dried on a client and then becomes brittle and snaps when you remove it. For me doing intimate Waxing with perron is a dream, lycon a nightmare, lycons selling point for the wax was being able to go over an area more than once if you needed to, when I asked perron if their wax could do the same the lady on the phone asked quizzically "Why would you need to keep going over an area. The wax should have removed all the hair in the first application!". I use perron rigot homme it's great. In fact I needed a Brazilian and couldnt get to the salon so I applied it to myself and got my husband to remove it! He has never waxed anything in his life. It was a perfect job.

In total agreement with jadlex6, trained with Lycon and thought I'd never be able to intimate wax, really struggled with it but my current salon uses PR and after training with Kim Lawless who also uses it and doing a discovery day with Jack Dunn I'm a total convert. It's great stuff, easy to work with with fab results and gentle on the skin. I personally like euroblond and homme.

Latest posts

Back