Mac makeup?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigz

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have done a search but cant find anything.
Does anyone use mac? Is it worth investing in? I can get samples cheap so should i use them to start?

Thanks for your help!
:hug: :green:

I didn't realize that MAC makeup was a professional line.

i know you can get a MAC Pro account if you are a make up artist or nail tech etc... and have proof that you are qualified and working
check it out at
MAC Pro

hth

Jess
xox

Hi guys
I have done a search but cant find anything.
Does anyone use mac? Is it worth investing in? I can get samples cheap so should i use them to start?

Thanks for your help!
:hug: :green:

MAC is one of the lines I'm looking into using too. How/where do you get your samples from?

MAC is one of the lines I'm looking into using too. How/where do you get your samples from?

i dont know if they do samples... maybe check out the MAC site or contact customer service of look at the MAC pro site link above

i dont know if they do samples... maybe check out the MAC site or contact customer service of look at the MAC pro site link above

I have checked out the pro site and have 'spoken' to them via email too and have never seen mention of samples, which is why I thought I'd ask Jigz how and where she gets hers from.:hug:

Now Im not saying that yous hould get them from here but I know that you can. Ebay.
Now, from the information Ive gathered there are a lot of fakes (big surprise) but there are certain sellers who sell the real stuff.
If anyone is interested pm me and I will tell you where you might be able to get samples. PLease bear in mind though that I havnt bought any myself and would just be passing on the info Ive got. hth xx

for me mac is the bees knees as ar as make up goes great stuff and lasts well too although i only use it on myself

Thanks Sparklepink for the website. I never realized that it was a serious pro product. Wonderful to see. And how weird, just today one of the BR's in the salon got a package and it was .......MAC makeup..:rolleyes:

Thanks Sparklepink for the website. I never realized that it was a serious pro product. Wonderful to see. And how weird, just today one of the BR's in the salon got a package and it was .......MAC makeup..:rolleyes:

Hey Jayne :green:

Just to set the record straight - serious pro product was correct as of a few years ago, as pro makeup artists got MAC off the ground with their brand loyalty. Recently though, MAC has been boycotted (more so in the US than the UK) by professional MUAs, as it started offering MAC "makeup artists" (read sales staff) to NY fashion week and other big events for peanuts or for free, taking many professional and experienced makeup artists' regular big jobs off them.

It happened with London Fashion Week last year, so I know a few Brit MUAs who have decided to boycott MAC also.

They also annoyed me after I recommended them like crazy in a beauty article I was asked to write by a Cheshire lifestyle magazine, and then told me they only offered gratis to people who would be writing articles regularly :eek:. On the other hand, Stila gave me £200 worth of gratis.

I still recommend certain MAC products, as I simply can't find a product from a different range that does a better job (as yet!). And as I have made clear in the 'Pro Recommendations' thread, I will always go for quality of product over whether I like the company or not. Other MUAs, though, will not set foot in a MAC store, and have blacked out the MAC name on any existing makeup they have. They also say the quality of certain MAC products has declined since Estee Lauder's take-over.

I think MAC's selling point is they are "the professional makeup artists choice" and this is what keeps every day consumers think they are getting a look in on products that otherwise wouldn't be available to them. I think this is still true to some extent, but perhaps not to the extent that MAC would have us believe, especially not in the US.

thanks for the info Amy~
Now things are starting to look a bit clearer. Over here, you can't buy MAC makeup in the supply stores and it is used and sold in Large corp clothing stores like Norstroms at the makeup counters. This is where I came from thinking it was like any other makeup line out there (loreal, Maxfactor, covergirl etc) and not a exclusive pro line. So in part , I am right. Seems like they are putting up a smokescreen to make it look like they are a Professional line but in realtime , they really arn''t and are just making it hard to get.
hmmm.

If you go into MAC they give you samples for free, Some MAC make up artists wont because there not so nice :lol: but i always offer samples to people at work, i personally wouldn't really buy them when you can get them for free.
I think Make Up For Ever is worth in investing in more then MAC, unless its for personal use.

Latest posts

Back