Made a mistake need some advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have made a mistake and need some advice please. I had a client booked in today and I needed to cancel her due to a hospital appointment I have been waiting for my son come through with not slot of notice. I had not managed to speak to the lady I left 2 voice mails sent an email then spoke to he'd son. I have just been left a message to say she was waiting 20mins and decided to leave, I now need to call her but feel awful that I didn't speak to her directly, what would you all do ?

I think you have a legit reason for the cancelation. Call her back or shoot her an email letter her know what happened, explain you tried to contact her and never was able to get her and let her know what openings you have the next day. Some people are easy going and she may totally understand and if she doesnt then maybe you dont want a client like that, someone who isnt flexable...I know in this industry WE have to be flexable and do alot for clients so if this one time she couldnt be then move on. If she tries to bash you and it ever gets back to you just explain what happened because most people will know family is more important then work expecially your children.

I would call her up apologise, explain how important the hospital appointment was and offer the treatment complimentary, yes you will lose short term but hopefully you will keep her as a client long term.

Call her - she may be perfectly reasonable.

I had a client not get my messages recently, both texts and voicemails, and when she arrived I asked her, and it turned out her phone was broken and she didn't even know! Just thought no-one had messaged her for a few days:)

I would call her up apologise, explain how important the hospital appointment was and offer the treatment complimentary, yes you will lose short term but hopefully you will keep her as a client long term.

Personally I wouldn't offer her a complimentary treatment. You did the best you could to get hold of her, but it was unfortunate that you couldn't.
I think that by giving free treatments it says you think you were in the wrong and it sets you off on a bad footing.
Just apologise as said and explain the situation, she may be a little miffed, but I am sure she will understand.
x

Might be harsh but it's her fault that she didn't get your messages, emails and the message from her son.

I would get in touch, apologise and explain you did your best to get hold of her.

You didn't make a mistake!

You did everything you could to get the message to her.

I would do as the others have already suggested and give her a call to let her know what had happened and you had no choice but to leave for the hospital without speaking toher directly.

I would give her a 10% discount on her next treatment just as a gesture of good will but would not do it for free.

Jacqui xx

Ring, apologise, ask if she got any of your messages as you did your best.

Instead of offering her a complimentary treatment why not give her a goody bag or an extra bit to her treatment?

and forgive yourself.....we all have these things happen.

I've been in a pilates class when a new client has been sitting in reception waiting for me to turn up! You know what happened? I rang him, apologised said it was entirely my fault for not checking in to work to see if anyone had booked and he came an hour later, rebooked another appointment then booked his partner in for an hour.

These situations don't have to be a disaster, just handle it well.

Ring, apologise, ask if she got any of your messages as you did your best.

Instead of offering her a complimentary treatment why not give her a goody bag or an extra bit to her treatment?

and forgive yourself.....we all have these things happen.

I've been in a pilates class when a new client has been sitting in reception waiting for me to turn up! You know what happened? I rang him, apologised said it was entirely my fault for not checking in to work to see if anyone had booked and he came an hour later, rebooked another appointment then booked his partner in for an hour.

These situations don't have to be a disaster, just handle it well.

I agree, think honesty is always the best policy. Tell her exactly what happened, what you did to contact her.I do think its important to assume responsibility and "take the blame" in these situations even though its not your fault. Like Hippy Chick said, I would charge for the original treatment when you do it but add on a comp manicure or similar.
As said previously. problems handled well can have a very positive outcome

I think you went above and beyond to try to get hold of her. You did more than most. I know you feel bad but you shouldn't and you certainly don't owe her anything. The fact that she either didn't get the messages or didn't check her messages isn't your fault.

Don't feel bad. You did the best you could. She isn't due a complimentary service.

I have had this happen before, and spent hours panicking over calling them back - and just as everyone says, she was very understanding, still comes to me now (after 6 Years) and she never ever mentions it. In fact, I think she has forgot. Don't beat yourself up - you tried to contact her on the number she provided. After all, that's why we take a contact number - so we can contact them in an emergency. You did exactly what your supposed to - leave a message, it's really not your fault she didn't listen to it Hun. Hugs xxx

LolaSpa xxx

Latest posts

Back